Surprise baby dehaani

Holdenon5

Arachnopeon
My dehaani "red dragon" has been buried for around 3 months and hasn't eaten since either. So i dugged her up and she had babies. Its been 12 hours since and shes curled with the babies under some cork. The babies are little white pedelings right now. Is there still a risk of her eating them? How long till they seperate from the mom? Shes not full grown, i have a larger dehaani close to double her size so i was surprised to find babies.

NYAN

Arachnoking
My dehaani "red dragon" has been buried for around 3 months and hasn't eaten since either. So i dugged her up and she had babies. Its been 12 hours since and shes curled with the babies under some cork. The babies are little white pedelings right now. Is there still a risk of her eating them? How long till they seperate from the mom? Shes not full grown, i have a larger dehaani close to double her size so i was surprised to find babies.
Congrats! From what I hear they are less prone to eating the babies once they hatch, so that’s good. They will separate from mom after they get their colors in but I don’t know the exact time after hatching. Others probably know more than me from experience though.

Holdenon5

Arachnopeon
Congrats! From what I hear they are less prone to eating the babies once they hatch, so that’s good. They will separate from mom after they get their colors in but I don’t know the exact time after hatching. Others probably know more than me from experience though.
Thanks! Yeah definelty a cool surprise, wish i didnt dig them up but i was just worried as it hadnt eat for months

NYAN

Arachnoking
Thanks! Yeah definelty a cool surprise, wish i didnt dig them up but i was just worried as it hadnt eat for months
How did you dig her up exactly? Did she make a chamber underground and you just exposed her, or is she completely dug up to the surface?

Holdenon5

Arachnopeon
How did you dig her up exactly? Did she make a chamber underground and you just exposed her, or is she completely dug up to the surface?
I just gently moved some dirt around with my tongs, so i think i opened the top to a chamber but she is at the surface in a little crater type area. I put a cork bark over her for some security

Holdenon5

Arachnopeon
Im sure a few of the babies may have been lost in the dirt but i assume the springtails will eat any dead ones. As of now from what i can see she is wraped around the babies, so hopefully the rest all do well, look to be quite a few of them too haha

NYAN

Arachnoking
Im sure a few of the babies may have been lost in the dirt but i assume the springtails will eat any dead ones. As of now from what i can see she is wraped around the babies, so hopefully the rest all do well, look to be quite a few of them too haha
I think she will be fine. Post some pics if you can get them without stressing her.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
They look fine! As soon as they emerge from the rolled-up protonymph stage they are in much less danger of being eaten. They will molt once more, gain juvenile colors (probably black and orange for S. d. "Red Dragon") a week after that molt and separate from their mom soon after.

Holdenon5

Arachnopeon
They look fine! As soon as they emerge from the rolled-up protonymph stage they are in much less danger of being eaten. They will molt once more, gain juvenile colors (probably black and orange for S. d. "Red Dragon") a week after that molt and separate from their mom soon after.
Ok sweet, exciting! Yeah they are passed the rolled up stage! Looks to be quite a bit of them as well!