surprise B. albo sac....help

Chloe Potter

Arachnopeon
There is a very good chance your is viable. Do not mess with her, nor it, ok?
I've recently seen multiple posts and threads, just like yours, and in regards to Brachypelma albopilosum .
More than likely, yours is WC, and from the recent Nicaraguan import. A lot of those adult females that came on it, were gravid. A lot of them have dropped sacs in the hobby already.

Leave it with the mother until day 25 or 30. Pull it, and open it, carefully. Then put it into the incubator. Be prepared for 1k+ babies though.

Umm I need help too I just found this place and I need some help with the same sort of problem my curly hair made a egg sac on 4/1/19 and I dont know what to do like at all I never had any intention of breeding I asked around and some people said she was probably wild caught so its probably fertile but that is all they told me and they said pull it on 4/
21/19 but what do I do them do I cut it open I looked up how to make a tarantula incubator but do I cut it open then put it in the incubator or I'm so lost please help

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Umm I need help too I just found this place and I need some help with the same sort of problem my curly hair made a egg sac on 4/1/19 and I dont know what to do like at all I never had any intention of breeding I asked around and some people said she was probably wild caught so its probably fertile but that is all they told me and they said pull it on 4/
21/19 but what do I do them do I cut it open I looked up how to make a tarantula incubator but do I cut it open then put it in the incubator or I'm so lost please help
If you search up some of the breeding threads on here you can get a good idea of what you need to do.

If the babies hatch while in the Enclosure with the mother they will be able to escape through the lid.

They are not ridiculously difficult to care for as tiny slings, but there are a couple of environmental factors that must be met. Moisture is one important one. Warmer temps than adults can tolerate is another.

cold blood

Staff member
Do nothing till at least 5/1.

From there, you open the sac...you should have EWLs by then...that's Eggs With Legs.....from there you put them in an incubator and do nothing but keeping the incubator hydrated.

They will molt to 1i (first instar), where they will become mobile...still, do nothing, they dont eat at this stage...just wait for them to blacken....this means a molt is coming....once they all molt again, now they can be seperated, and after a week or two, will begin eating.

After first meals, they can then be sold....but dont seperate or sell them till 2i (second instar).