Super worm beginning to pupate or dying?

moshpitpanda

Arachnosquire
I found about 3 superworms at the surface of their enclosure curled up like this one. When I pick them up they squirm. I wonder if they are dying? I have had them for a few months now and I thought super worms only pupate when alone

Attachments

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
That does look like one trying to pupate to me. How many are in there and how big is the enclosure? If you find any dead ones they will be very dark coloured.

Major 78

Arachnosquire
Looks like it is beginning to pupate. I suggest removing it from the enclosure or else the others will cannibalize it. If it turns black it is dead/dying. Also, please crush up those oats, it is very difficult for them to eat them unless they are ground up.

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
Looks like it is beginning to pupate. I suggest removing it from the enclosure or else the others will cannibalize it. If it turns black it is dead/dying. Also, please crush up those oats, it is very difficult for them to eat them unless they are ground up.
oats do not need to b grinder down to smaller pieces. they have strong mouth parts for their size, and they excrete saliva-like liquid in order to soften food

moshpitpanda

Arachnosquire
That does look like one trying to pupate to me. How many are in there and how big is the enclosure? If you find any dead ones they will be very dark coloured.
Hard for me to say how many are in there at this point I still assume at least 20 or so. The critter keeper is medium sized