Suggestions wanted/ Tarantula arrived with injury

CitizensOfTheWomb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Today I received a shipment with several tarantulas. All arrived fine, however upon inspection of one specimen I noticed a sore on the underside of the abdomen. I noticed this immediately after unpacking the tarantula. There was already substrate attached to the sore before I placed the tarantula in its enclosure so I do not believe the injury occurred during shipping. All specimens were packed well in containers with paper towel. There was a heat pack in the container but it was not placed directly against any of the containers. I have been in contact with the seller. We are unsure on how to proceed at this point and are open to advice on what should be done.
Edit: I forgot to mention that the seller said they didn't notice the sore when they packed it.
20190314_125119.jpg 20190314_125142.jpg

Last edited:

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Not so much can be done honestly, but to contact the seller ASAP (as you already did), and wait for their call how to go about with this matter.

Derivative

Arachnosquire
If I were you I'd just take as good of care as possible of the tarantula, remove any sharp objects from the enclosure, and hope it gets healed when it molts.

CitizensOfTheWomb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If I were you I'd just take as good of care as possible of the tarantula, remove any sharp objects from the enclosure, and hope it gets healed when it molts.
I actually did set her up in a bare enclosure. Only substrate and a water dish.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Could be a drag injury (if the T is really fat) or a burn (if the seller used under tank heating), not really much you can do tbh, it should hopefully heal with subsequent moults.

cold blood

Staff member
You won't know if its going to be a problem till it next molts....which could be a while...sellers may not offer a refund in 9 months if it dies in a molt as a result.