Suggestion Needed

johnny888

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was on a expedition for some scorps but I end up being dissapointed because I realized that we have a severe liocheles austraelisae infestation and it seems like they're overcoming some of our native scorps.

Now, can anybody make a suggestion on how to control lio's propagation?

Here are some photos of my catch.

I caught some Isometrus Maculatus,Lychas Infuscatus and lots and lots of lio's to the point that I'm collecting them to serve as feeders for my big scorps...

The Plague

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You could always attempt to import them to the US so we can get a nice stable breeding population for collectors here. As for control that doesn't involve shipping dozens overseas, I wouldn't know where to start, do you think you could breed some of your larger native species and release them into areas with infestations of these smaller nuisance ones?

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
L. australasiae are naturally found in the Philippines. I've seen them in Negros Occidental and here in Luzon.

johnny888

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You could always attempt to import them to the US so we can get a nice stable breeding population for collectors here. As for control that doesn't involve shipping dozens overseas, I wouldn't know where to start, do you think you could breed some of your larger native species and release them into areas with infestations of these smaller nuisance ones?
How I wish I have the legal means to do that...hehehe{D as for your second suggestion...Hmmm...I was trying to consider that since I have a lot slings of longimanus but then I realized liocheles are arboreals and the big ones are mostly terrestial so it will not be a solution.:)

johnny888

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
@emille:Thank You.:)

@tarsier:You are right tarsier.you can find lio's everywhere but not these much.I can still remember before that the ratio of lychas to lios was probably 10:1 but with my recent observation the ratio of lios to lychas was 100:1.:(

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
@emille:Thank You.:)

@tarsier:You are right tarsier.you can find lio's everywhere but not these much.I can still remember before that the ratio of lychas to lios was probably 10:1 but with my recent observation the ratio of lios to lychas was 100:1.:(

Johhny,

L. australasiae thrive in damp environment, while L. infuscatus and I. maculatus prefer it a bit dry. I have a hunting spot where you can find L. infuscatus, C. celebensis, and L. waigiensis living within close proximity. I observed that if I collect from June to December, I will find celebensis and waigiensis a dime a dozen, zero infuscatus. But if I go hunting from February to May, I get infuscatus and waigiensis, zero celebensis. Where do they go? Most likely in their burrows. Wait til next summer.

Don't worry too much on the supposed australasiae invasion. They have a lot of natural predators.