Suddenly, babies.

DiGriv

Arachnopeon
I once had a brood where all 18 babies came off before there first molt. I housed all 18 in a single enclosure and dropped 20 pin heads every 2-5 days, After about 10 days they all had molted and not a single one died. I wouldnt right off the scorplings just yet.. Scorpions have been on this earth for 400 million years and havent survived that long by being delicate.
Hopefully, I'll be as lucky as you are.

AP34

Arachnosquire
Not sure how well that will translate to Heterometrus sp. but an interesting read nonetheless. What's title of the book?
They did most of the same studies with H. flavimanus as well. Most of the studies regarding social behavior involving the two species had very similar results. I believe the rates of cannibalism in H. flavimanus was a bit higher. The book is called Scorpion Biology and Research.

DiGriv

Arachnopeon
All the babies have left the mother's back and are now in seperate enclosures.
end result: 11 scorpionlings, 2 died during molt and maybe some were cannibalized, but I can't really tell.
Now what can I feed to these scorpionlings?
IMG_20190203_190948.jpg IMG_20190203_191112.jpg

DiGriv

Arachnopeon
If you can get crickets to pre kill you should be able to purchase pin head crickets which are only first stage crickets - micro crickets -.
Not really, I prekilled my own crickets. The seller (who sells crickets for bird) can't be bothered if I asked for tiny crickets. He'll just be like "here you go, a plastic bag of crickets".