Successful C. crawshayi breeding

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The male has yet to make another sperm web since 11/27... He has started to refuse food also. The female is not acting any different. I only have a few feeder roaches left out of my adults, but will be getting 1k+ tomorrow or Fri. :D Then it will be time to power feed all of my gravid females even more. I may try them tonight and keep a close eye on him, maybe he has a lil sperm left in him... any ideas?

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Update:

Well I decided to pair these guys up again and see what the outcome would be. He went down her burrow, tapping like a mad man. Backs up and she follows. I do haveto say she is putting on some weight. I've fed her the same I have been before, I only raised the temp and humidity and she seems to be fairing well. Here are some pics. Note: The mating was unsuccessful. She came out, bared her fangs, took off after him. She had him trapped in the corner of his KK so I said enough. I'm taking that as a good sign.

Rabid Flea

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
after 3 successful matings you should be looking at a very healthy sac!!! Good luck with it!!

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Soon you'll hear the pitter patter of a kazillion little feet!:D Cute little rust colored jaws of death~ Congrats "Dad"!

Mook

Arachnopeon
Hope all is well with both the male and the female.
That little male has nine lives.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im sorry i seen this pair and all i could think of was that movie Norbit hehehe.... sorry if this has been asked already, but how big is that girl???
-Nate

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She is pushing 9". Her last molt measured 8.25".

He made another sperm web today and decided to mate them again. She came out, he got under her. This time, she decided she had enough of him... Since this species has no tibial hooks, he usually gets his grip by putting his leg through her fang when they are spread out, well this time, one fang snapped inward and his leg snapped iin half... Then she put all her weight on him and literally squashed him. Every leg was snapped. She drug him down the black hole only leaving a couple twitching legs. He was a good one though, Now we just have to wait and see.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
good lord, i have seen large mature males but that female makes them look small...congrats dude...wow, i cant really say anything more:eek:

wayne

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Poor guy. He is one heck of a healthy treat for her though!

davegrimm1

theinvertshop.com
Old Timer
breeding

I have 2 big females and 2 MM's , I'm hoping to get these bred , but don't want to skrew it up. I'm looking for the best info I can get to breed them.
Any info on successful breeding would be well apreciated.

davegrimm1@gmail.com

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have 2 big females and 2 MM's , I'm hoping to get these bred , but don't want to skrew it up. I'm looking for the best info I can get to breed them.
Any info on successful breeding would be well apreciated.

davegrimm1@gmail.com
good luck to you. She hasnt really shown anymore signs of wanting to lay. but is gaining A LOT of weight and I even cut down on feeding. It is rainy season and summer in her tank! :D Got the temp up at about 85-90 in there now with humidity well over 80%. Lets see what happens in a month, hopefully sooner!

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Austin!

I recomend You to change the label of the thread.
Successful breeding means the offsprings at the end, but now You have only eggs, nomatter You decied it fertile or not.
It is not that I'm superstitious man but this just not right "wording".

PS. If You may knew several people already had sacs with eggs inside of the crawshayi but had no offspings at the end - now the also should be considered as a successful breeding of the species???

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Austin!

I recomend You to change the label of the thread.
Successful breeding means the offsprings at the end, but now You have only eggs, nomatter You decied it fertile or not.
It is not that I'm superstitious man but this just not right "wording".

PS. If You may knew several people already had sacs with eggs inside of the crawshayi but had no offspings at the end - now the also should be considered as a successful breeding of the species???
I was meaning to rename it towards the beginning to " Successful C. crawshayi mating" but did not get around to it. The Mod's can change it if need be, but I'm feeling lucky on this sac, but not lucky enough to get my hopes up. Thanks for your input Bagaturov.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here are most of the bad ones:

And the ones I'm praying will develope:

No light:

The thing is, is that most of thesee eggs have not turned dark on the inside, but just on the outside. There is a heatmat on the bottom of the incubator. I did add more paper towels to keep the eggs from "burning" b/c of it, but this could possibly be the reason. That, or they are just infertile. Which would suck. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not keeping my hopes up.

I have a 4" subadult male for backup. He is ina close molt cycle with this female, so hopefully things will go well. If they do and I get nother sac in the near future, the sac is staying with her until it is said and done. I guess you learn from your mistakes huh.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There is a heatmat on the bottom of the incubator.
Oh no man...... ya this could very well be the reason they are turning that color. To anyone reading this, NEVER apply heat to eggs like this. Cooler temps will just mean slower development, but heat like that = death.

I know none of this helps you now Austin, But lesson learned........:(