Substrate too low?

Darman

Arachnopeon
Hey guys!
Quick question for you all. I have a Chaco golden knee (grammostola pulchripes) and was just wondering if my substrate is too low!? My T is 2 inches and I heard they also borrow which makes me wonder! Also if there’s anything else wrong with the housing feel free to let me know.

Attachments

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I would definitely add some more. About 1/2 more of what you have in there.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks for the tip!
Just another thing! My T molted 3 days ago so should I wait or just do it now??
If I were you, I would wait, and do it later for sake of the fresh molted tarantula. I say give it about a week or so.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
If it digs and burrows, add more next time (ie when you have to transfer bigger). If it doesn't, why bother adding sub?

The sub looks kinda puffy and loose. I'm a wet it and pack it down kinda keeper.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
If it digs and burrows, add more next time (ie when you have to transfer bigger). If it doesn't, why bother adding sub?
It is to avoid for tarantulas to get any damage from falling while climbing the wall.

CloseLeech

Arachnopeon
A good rule of thumb for burrowing T's, Make the substrate at least 1 1/2 times the length of the T' so it does have its own choice on how deep it would like it. But I do agree with the other commentators, make it twice what you have, and you'll be all set
Hope this helps!