Substrate hindering burrowing?

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by nocturnalpulsem
I may try it. Two questions come to mind, though...

1) if those %^&$#@ superworms can burrow like hell through the stuff I use now, why can't the T?

2) what the crap am I going to do with 5 gallons worth of the old substrate?!?! Guess I won't need to shop for a while...

N.
Lol! Some t's are picky about what they burrow in.

You could always mix it in with other substrate when you need it.

I keep extra amounts of substrate in empty washed out kitty litter containers.

Good luck and if you try it please let me know how it works for you!

Paul

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't think I can find a paper roll wide enough. She's quite a lard@$$! Anything wider you could suggest?

N.
use appropiately sized piece of pvc or cut out the bottum of a plastic jar.
Mike

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ah-ha! Finally she's using her hide. The log is in there diagonally into the substrate, like other had suggested to do with a pipe or TP tube, so maybe with any luck she'll start digging.

I will say one thing though, it's so much cooler watching her bolt out of the log to snag a crick and fly back in than to feed her out in the open.

N.

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah-ha! Finally she's using her hide. The log is in there diagonally into the substrate, like other had suggested to do with a pipe or TP tube, so maybe with any luck she'll start digging.

I will say one thing though, it's so much cooler watching her bolt out of the log to snag a crick and fly back in than to feed her out in the open.

N.
Awesome, N.! So glad to hear!

And, yes, it IS awesome to watch them bolt out and snag their prey then disappear again, isn't it!

Paul