Subcrustalis don't mind light?

AZCeptipede

Arachnosquire
I recently picked up a gorgeous Scolopendra Subcrustalis and have really been enjoying watching it in it's new home. I noticed while taking pictures of it that it doesn't seem to mind the light. It stays out of it's hides during the day and chills out under a rock in some live moss at the front of the tank .Is anyone else familiar with this? Are Subcrustalis not as light sensitive as other spiecies? My Polymorpha and Dehaani only really come out in low or no light.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Centipedes do tend to get used to light, some quicker than others. My two biggest pedes (and also the two I've had the longest) sit out in the open practically 24/7.

AZCeptipede

Arachnosquire
Centipedes do tend to get used to light, some quicker than others. My two biggest pedes (and also the two I've had the longest) sit out in the open practically 24/7.
Glad to hear that! I'm hoping my Dehaani starts getting used to it so I can actually see it haha .

Tim1104

Arachnopeon
Not sure lol but that's cool you get to see it. My subcrustalis likes to hide

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
My trick is shallower substrate with lots of leaf/bark litter. I've heard of the same logic (and same results) with fish. The animal feels more secure out in the open, and resultantly spends more time on the surface.