1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stygophrynus berkeleyi

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by Nosiris, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Nosiris

Nosiris Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    Hi all,
    I've got my first Ambly arriving later this week. It's being called Stygophrynus berkeleyi by the supplier. Anyone have any special tips for keeping this that would differ from standard Ambly advice?
    Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 2
  2. schmiggle

schmiggle Arachnoangel Active Member

I'd be kind of amazed if you somehow managed to find a supplier for Stygophrynus, but if so I'd be really glad. Do post pics when it shows up.
    I have no extra information for this species, but it probably lives in caves? Just a guess from the latin. All that would mean would be light is even less important and humidity would be ideally even hire. But I'm not sure that all species of Stygophrynus live in caves.

• Like Like x 1
  3. wizentrop

wizentrop to the rescue! Old Timer

I kept some Stygophrynus in the past (a different species though), I found them to be extremely fragile. Keep temps warm, high humidity. They prefer food on the small size. I hope you succeed with them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nosiris

Nosiris Arachnosquire

Ok thanks guys. It's due to arrive today so watch this space.

5. Nosiris

Nosiris Arachnosquire

:jawdrop:

Untitled.png

More later.

• Like Like x 2
  6. steelface101

steelface101 Arachnopeon

norway
    i ordered mine too today :p was hoping on find some tips and tricks myself xD

7. Nosiris

Nosiris Arachnosquire

What a fascinating creature. I was a little concerned at first as it was a bit sluggish and lethargic but it soon started moving about and exploring. Currently lodged in a crevice in the cork bark and I don't want to disturb him/her after their travel ordeal but pictures soon I promise. I'm very happy that all of its appendages survived the journey.

• Like Like x 1