Stupid Question

MasterB758

Arachnopeon
This is such a stupid question but if I found a nice area and bordered it off, could I take my scorpion outside in the grass.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
There would be no benefits. Only risks. The scorp won't get anything out of it, except probably stress. But yes, you could, but I can't recommend it.

You could probably take some nice pictures I guess.

Bordered it off? Are you planning on leaving it unsupervised?

Questions are never stupid. :)

FatherOfScorpions

Arachnoknight
I would advise against it just because a bird could swoop in and snatch your scorpion. I think if you wanted to shoot some nature photos with a camera for a bit that would probably be ok. But I'd keep a close eye on your scorpion and your surroundings.

MasterB758

Arachnopeon
There would be no benefits. Only risks. The scorp won't get anything out of it, except probably stress. But yes, you could, but I can't recommend it.

You could probably take some nice pictures I guess.

Bordered it off? Are you planning on leaving it unsupervised?

Questions are never stupid. :)

So I'd probably be in a nice shady area, and I'd border it off to prevent escapes even though I'd be watching it like a hawk. I guess the whole purpose would be to get a better look at it, because it's always hiding and to get some good photos to maybe post here.
I am worried about one thing though, is there a risk of parasites?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
So I'd probably be in a nice shady area, and I'd border it off to prevent escapes even though I'd be watching it like a hawk. I guess the whole purpose would be to get a better look at it, because it's always hiding and to get some good photos to maybe post here.
I am worried about one thing though, is there a risk of parasites?
If you have to get a good look at it. Just take it out of the cage, put it in a empty cage, and look to your hearts content.

Scorpions are not rabbits, or dogs, your pet will get nothing good out of this.

There's always the risk of pesticides getting on it.

MasterB758

Arachnopeon
Oh! One more thing!!!
I know this isn't the best thing for a scorpion and does nothing for it, but can I hold my scorpion for a little?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Oh! One more thing!!!
I know this isn't the best thing for a scorpion and does nothing for it, but can I hold my scorpion for a little?
It won't explode on contact with your skin, so yes. If it's a Heterometrus, or Asian forest scorpion, good luck. Those things are crazy mean. Same with Pandinus cavimanus, red claw scorpion.

FatherOfScorpions

Arachnoknight
Depends on the species. It's never really recommended that you should ever hold a scorpion. But... It's up to you.

I just held my Asian forest scorpions for a bit earlier tonight. Lol

MasterB758

Arachnopeon
Wow really!?!
I've held my Asian Forest before and it has never tried to hurt me, it just stands there and doesn't move ( I'm not expecting it to do a dance or something )
I comfortably put my hand in the tank without hesitation, but maybe I just have a nice one.

FatherOfScorpions

Arachnoknight
I've found that the best way to pick them up is to actually put them in a small container and the sort of slide them out of the container onto your hand. No tail grabbing. No scooping and getting pinched. Just slides right onto your hand and they will be super chill about it.

MasterB758

Arachnopeon
The container idea seems great. What I've been doing is kinda backing her onto my hand with a paint brush in front of her.

FatherOfScorpions

Arachnoknight
Nice, yeah that's a good way of doing it.
They really are so fun to hold aren't they?! It's like half the joy of owning these types of scorpions. Always impresses. Haha

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
If it's a Heterometrus, or Asian forest scorpion, good luck. Those things are crazy mean.
Heterometrus spinifer. The evil twin of Pandinus imperator!

Seriously though, my only scorpion is Heterometrus sp. and it doesn't seem too friendly. Gives me a defensive position every time I so much as bump its enclosure. I would never try to hold it!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Heterometrus spinifer. The evil twin of Pandinus imperator!

Seriously though, my only scorpion is Heterometrus sp. and it doesn't seem too friendly. Gives me a defensive position every time I so much as bump its enclosure. I would never try to hold it!
I don't think I've ever seen my Heterometrus scorplings in a normal posture. They always want to fight.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I was always more wary from a pinch than a sting. They have some power in those claws I recall.