Stupid question :)

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Ok so I tried to search this but I probably didn't have "proper" key words. My juvi G.pulchripes was sitting outside her hide tonight, and I went to have a peak at "her." She started "thumping" her front legs off the ground repeatedly and then slowly backed into her hide. Is this just some strange T behaviour or is there a reason for that thumping? She is normally very docile and Im just curious as to why they do this, she probably did it for about 10 seconds before going into her hide lol

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have never heard of this and i would like to know why
also.
its not a stupid question btw.

Shell

Staff member
i have never heard of this and i would like to know why
also.
its not a stupid question btw.
lol thanks, I meant it more in a joking kinda way, as I really couldn't think of a way to properly word the behaviour. I know MM's will drum, but I dont exactly know what that entails and mine is FAR from mature anything.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm, that sounds a lot like tapping. As far as I know, only matures do that when they're looking for some action. How big is your pulchripes? Do you have a picture?

Cass

Shell

Staff member
Hmm, that sounds a lot like tapping. As far as I know, only matures do that when they're looking for some action. How big is your pulchripes? Do you have a picture?

Cass
Hey Cass, she is about 2 - 2 1/2 inches. I say she, but thats my best guess until she molts. I do have a pic of her but I cant get it to upload (too big right now, have to resize when Im not exhausted lol) But I can tell you the last time she was on the wall of her enclosure I measured (diagonal leg span) and it was just about 2 1/2 inches.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Cass, she is about 2 - 2 1/2 inches. I say she, but thats my best guess until she molts. I do have a pic of her but I cant get it to upload (too big right now, have to resize when Im not exhausted lol) But I can tell you the last time she was on the wall of her enclosure I measured (diagonal leg span) and it was just about 2 1/2 inches.
Yeah definitely not tapping then. I have no clue, then. Sounds like she just is crazy, haha.

Cass

Shell

Staff member
Yeah definitely not tapping then. I have no clue, then. Sounds like she just is crazy, haha.

Cass
LOL maybe ;) She has always been quite docile but when we recently rehoused her she did give a very weak threat display at us. I wonder if maybe she is getting ready to molt and is a tad grumpy lol

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My female P. chordatus, Rise, did this one time.. I posted about it on here, and no one really had any explanation for it lol