1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stupid or what ?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by darabbit82, Jan 28, 2009.

1. darabbit82

darabbit82 Arachnopeon

ok I am kinda new to all of this and I am wondering what do the numbers like this mean.....

can someone please explain.... I found this one as an example.:?

0.0.10 Rio Grande Gold A tex.
  2. scottyk

scottyk Arachnoangel

A listing for six tarantulas presented as 2.3.1 would mean two males, three females and one unsexed....

3. T-Harry

T-Harry Arachnoknight Old Timer

The numbers tell you the sex of the T (or other animals as well).

The first dumber are males, the second females and the last ar unsexed.
    Sometimes only the first two numbers are given when there are no unsexed animals.
    So in your example somebody has no sexed males or females but 10 unsexed T's. In this case normally we're takling slings, therefore they cannot be sexed so far.
  4. Mina

Mina Arachnoking Old Timer

That is ok, it isn't a stupid question. Everyone has told you what it means. It is just a shorter way of saying something, you can say I have 3.2.1 G. rosea, instead of I have 3 male G. roseas, 2 female G. roseas, and 1 unsexed G. rosea. Just consider it T shorthand.
  5. MizM

MizM Arachnoprincess Old Timer

Now, no male bashing here!!!;) {D :D
  6. scottyk

scottyk Arachnoangel

We like playing dumb. One more way to try and get out of trouble.

"Sorry honey, I didn't know buying that Harley would break the budget. You know how bad I am at math" :eek:
  7. T-Harry

T-Harry Arachnoknight Old Timer

8. MizM

MizM Arachnoprincess Old Timer

Hey, bad at math is MY excuse!!!

But it was such a GOOD Oooops!:D