Stuff that looks like salt?!

birchwhisker

Arachnopeon
I have a B. albopilosum sling, and I keep her in a small-ish container.. Not a vial type of container, but almost like a small tupperware container. ANYWAY over the past couple days, I've noticed white specks that look a lot like grains of salt all over her terrarium. If it helps, I use EcoEarth substrate. I'm thinking that the substrate is too moist? I haven't added water into it for a long time, thinking that it is too wet and hoping it'll dry a bit. I took this picture awhile ago, probably soon after I put some water in it. Please please please help me, I don't know what it is and I'm afraid that it may be hurting her.

IMG_1041.jpg

(I swear, if it's something obvious like poop, I'll be so embarrassed...)

PrettyHate

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
9.9 times out of 10 it is poop haha. And dont be too embarrassed, everyone has done it. Including me.

The soil does look pretty wet. If you can take it and squeeze it in your hand and have water come out, then I would say it is too wet. In really wet (how many more times can I use the word "wet"? I hate that word...also the word "moist". Ew) conditions leftover food bits are more likely to get moldy...

Where in MB are you at?

birchwhisker

Arachnopeon
Oh my that is so embarrassing..... LOL Well at least I asked, or else I would've been so so so so worried. And yeah, I'll give that a try! I wasn't too sure what do do with it! Thanks so much!

And I live in Winnipeg (just like you YAY)!