Stubborn stubborn a genic

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
PVC is toxic. Change that hide immediately.
PVC is used all over the US to carry drinking water?? I can see if the T started a bonfire and tossed it on being toxic then but in a predominantly dry enclosure whats toxic about it?

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Apart from being toxic or not, that hide is completely and utterly inappropiate. ;) Your spider has no chance to expand its hide, to burrow down. They also like dark and tight spaces, which it doesn't get with this hide at all.
Get a piece of cork bark, bury it halfway into the sub and make a bit of a starter burrow. It looks more natural that way anyway. :)

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
PVC is used all over the US to carry drinking water?? I can see if the T started a bonfire and tossed it on being toxic then but in a predominantly dry enclosure whats toxic about it?
Tarantulas are smarter than humans?

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
Not toxic unless burned. People use PVC in false bottoms in there dart frogs vivariums all the time with no harm.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Replace the pvc pipe for something more suitable to burrow under.
Also, your substrate is too dry and not tamped down strong enough. They absolutely hate soft surfaces to walk on. I'd pour some water directly on the substrate and give it good pressure so it sticks together. A.geniculata appreciates more moist substrate. :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Why use that stuff as hides when there's cork bark, and (if cork bark is too high priced or not available) other wood? I will never understand this.