Stringy white suff growing from wood?

ObliqueRien

Arachnopeon
Hya. I just recently build a new terrarium for my T, and for a water dish I used a little glass container to which I glued chips of broken wood (some kind of grape wood) so it would look more natural. I used hot glue. The wood wasn't treated with any chemicals whatsoever and was in a microwave for a couple of minutes before going into the enclosure. Today, I see this:

What is that? Is it some king of algae or something?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Not meaning to split hairs... Definitely a fungi, possibly a mold. (Significant difference in the hyphae). How's that?

poisoned

Arachnodemon
Maybe baking it would be better. Fungi spores may be unaffected by the microwaves.
Fungi spores are everywhere anyways. Baking won't prevent mold/funghi growth, except in closed sterile environment.

Osmo

Arachnosquire
Fungi spores are everywhere anyways. Baking won't prevent mold/funghi growth, except in closed sterile environment.

i assumed this happened right after he put it in relitivly soon. So i assumed it was from the wood itself.

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
I have the same thing in my Pandinus imperator's tank because I put in some dead leaves for decoration. THey are now gone, and I'm trying to kill it with light + less wetness.

Giantsfan24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Easier solution is two fold: 1st grapewood molds quite easily. Consider using a cork type wood. 2nd. Go ahead and clean it off but I can tell you from experience, baking will do nothing to stop it. Instead, get some Isopods or Springtails and let them be the cleanup crew for your tanks. They eat mold.

ObliqueRien

Arachnopeon
I used both grape wood and mopani wood. If it catches onto anything else, I'm in trouble lol.
How does the mold affect the T? Would putting an extra air vent on the top help?

poisoned

Arachnodemon
I used both grape wood and mopani wood. If it catches onto anything else, I'm in trouble lol.
How does the mold affect the T? Would putting an extra air vent on the top help?
Mold is not an issue, if it grows in smaller amounts. And yes, ventilation helps a lot in mold prevention. Especially cross ventilation.

ObliqueRien

Arachnopeon
I am going to see what I can do, since it's a glass terrarium and I can just simply cut new holes in it at home like that..
@ poisoned your signature - LOL!