Stressed or Premolt? Hmmmmm?

Slings Academy

Arachnopeon
Hello people! So I recently bought a B. Klaasi and rehoused her like last week. What made me curious when I rehoused her that time is that she seems to have bald spots and she KICKED hairs at me. Whoa. I need your help if my Klaasi is stressed, tell me what I should to if it is stressed. If it is on premolt, then......yeah that's fine lel. I fed her today, and she just striked at the cricket and kicked its hairs. Hmmmmm......here is a photo before it was rehoused last week.

More details: -the cricket I fed was almost the size of her carapace. It has a lot of spaces to move around with fake plants(that it took down and puts it flat on the ground) IMG_20190702_212914.jpg IMG_20190706_201936.jpg

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
It's not uncommon for Ts to kick hairs when being rehoused as it is stressful for them. I've also had Ts kick hairs at an unwanted meal when in premolt. Yours has a pretty fat booty so it could be in premolt. Just leave it be and let it settle into its new enclosure. You can offer it a meal once every week or two and if it doesn't want it just remove the feeder.

Some Ts are just hairkicking fools also, I have a couple that will kick every time I open their enclosures.

Killertut

Arachnosquire
Well, it is a Brachypelma and it is not uncommon to get hair kickers. a lot of my Brachypelmas start kicking hairs immediately when you disturb them a bit.
the B. klaasi is well fed and you can try each week to feed it. remove the feeder if it is not interested.
as the abdomen is not darkened yet i would guess that it will take some more time until it molts.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Yeah that tarantula has a ways to go before it moults, as the tan/beige colouration on the 'bald spot' will darken to blue-black right before it moults. If you literally just got it, wait for it to settle a bit before offering food. As people mentioned above, take it out if the spider doesn't eat the cricket in like 6-12 hours. Wait a week or ten days and try again. Rinse and repeat until the abdomen gets darker and then you can hold all food until after the moult.

Slings Academy

Arachnopeon
Hey guys! So my B Klaasi just molted. That's why it was kicking all the time. It just doesn't want to get disturbed. Heheheh