Strange Deformation of Giant Asian Mantis

RamGoats

Arachnopeon
I've had my giant asian mantis for about 11 months and I fear it is nearing the end of its lifespan. My mantis, from the beginning has had much trouble catching and eating prey to the point I thought it was blind or had some kind of mantis brain damage. It's most recent molt (several months ago) deformed it horribly. My question relates to some sort of deformity of my mantises back end. Currently, my mantis has a decapitated cricket pushed up against its face but he doesn't seem interested at all. He is clearly starving as indicated by a flat abdomen and I've tried in vain for three weeks now to get it to eat. My question is as follows, what is the strange deformity and can I get my mantis to eat (and why is it not eating)?

I have tried chopping up and trying to gently push insect pieces into my mantises mouth to no avail. 20170511_005752.jpg 20170511_005713.jpg

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It appears to have a intestinal deformity, which is why it won't/can't eat. It is mature, so there is no chance at getting better again :(
Tbh, if it can't eat, euthanasia would be my decision.

SpiderInTheBath

Arachnosquire
If its guts are bad there's nothing you can do, but I extended the life of my Giant Rainforest Mantis (Hierodula majuscula) by making cockroach 'soup' and feeding with a syringe. It kept her hydrated and alive for about a month longer than expected. The way I made the soup was by freezing a dubia roach for about 45 minutes to kill it, then adding boiling water and mashing it with a spoon. Once it cooled, she could have it.