strange comportment

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
heya everybady

my pede has now blocked himself in his burrow, blocked all the entrance, I know that when T's do that its a good sign of molting, is it the same with Pede's ?

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
maybe she's gonna prepare herself for laying eggs ?

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
if soo im the most happy men ever ... but I dont think soo I did'nt breed 'em and I dont think the pet shop did.. have no idea if its wild caught.. im just curious if that could explain why she was'nt much agressive, not hungry the last 5 week's

also ... a cricket disapear , 2 days ago, im not sure if the centipede ate it or if he's just diying somewhere under the rock ... my other question is should I check , even if she blocked the entrance under that rock if the cricket is there.. dont want to disturb too much the centipede , but I dont want mite ...

Last edited:

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
prolly premolt

My guess is she is premolt, sluggishness and secresy are big cues. As for the cricket, well it probably was in one of your pedes borrows when it collapsed upon it. Nothing short of tearing apart the enclosure will fix that, just keep an eye out for mites is all. Some decomposer mites may be there but if there is nothing on your pede no need to worry

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ok thx, and my other question is : if my vietnamese Scolopendra Subspinipes is a 8-9 inch, how many time left before she die?