User Storm76's picture thread

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
G. pulchripes

"Nyx", Grammostola pulchripes, ~6" female - "Fine...take your pictures..."

"Nyx", Grammostola pulchripes, ~6" female - "Last one...I'm already blind!"

My sideboard with the T's...as mentioned they're all very active with the warmth... the slings are on the other side of the room

Again the T sideboard...this time a little closer with my P. cambridgei and the Avics hanging on the fronts

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
Hey Spellforce! I have that game on Steam lol.

Beautiful collection Stormy, I especially love your E. sp "blue femur". What a pretty spider! I've never seen or heard of that one before.

Maybe it's been asked before but what are you photographing with? Your pictures are fantastic!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey Spellforce! I have that game on Steam lol.

Beautiful collection Stormy, I especially love your E. sp "blue femur". What a pretty spider! I've never seen or heard of that one before.

Maybe it's been asked before but what are you photographing with? Your pictures are fantastic!
Thank you. I'm using a Panasonic DMC-TZ7 = CLICKY
The actual models of that cam are as good, bit pricey but good quality. For point-and-shoot I'd always go for these or a Coolpix.

As for the E. sp. "blue femur" many keep calling them "Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi" (or Bumba pulcherimaklaasi after revision) - but according to Chad and some others, that particular T has never been in the hobby and what we have, is a different spider.

Last edited:

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Got a lot of nice T's there. Really admire the variety of your collection!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
E. sp. "blue femur" / A. sp. "amazonica" / A. versicolor / E. sp. "red"

Got a lot of nice T's there. Really admire the variety of your collection!
Thanks. I don't get a specific species because others have it, I do get those that are appealing to me in one way or the other.

"Kyla", Avicularia sp. "amazonica", ~5" female - geez this girl got pretty food intense...love it! :)

"Gemma", Euathlus sp. "blue femur", ~4.5" female - still skittish, but a good eater after she molted for me

"Gemma", Euathlus sp. "blue femur", ~4.5" female - ...she's yet to turn a meal down

"Gemma", Euathlus sp. "blue femur", ~4.5" female - and I certainly love her coloration - surprised? Guess not...

"Gemma", Euathlus sp. "blue femur", ~4.5" female - urticating bristle patch

"Star", Avicularia versicolor, ~3" female - first meal after molting

"Star", Avicularia versicolor, ~3" female - such striking colors!

"Star", Avicularia versicolor, ~3" female - b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. - right? :)

"Star", Avicularia versicolor, ~3" female - one more for good measure :D

Unnamed, Avicularia velutina, ~2.5" suspect male - he's pretty laid back...unless there's food around! Then he turns into a Psalmo, lol :D

"3of4" - Euathlus sp. "red", ~2.25" female - my little bulldozer, hehe :D

"3of4" - Euathlus sp. "red", ~2.25" female - zoomed in she dug all the way to the bottom below the corkbark. Except for the MM, all of mine do

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
More E. sp. "red" / P. miranda / T. violaceus

That versi is really beautiful
Yeah, especially freshly molted they look extraordinary!

But I would trade you the versi for my male amazonica, lol.
Guess what? I wouldn't trade her. I'm happy I have two girls sitting here, it's just a matter of getting males at some point. But that's in the works ;)

You have some real beauties there storm! :biggrin:
I'm proud of my babies if they cast a smile on other people faces, too :p

"2of4", Euathlus sp. "red", ~2.25" female - the friendliest of my triplet of girls

"2of4", Euathlus sp. "red", ~2.25" female - she even behaves when the lid is open lately...strange. Plotting? Likely! :D

"Saranyu", Tapinauchineus violaceus, ~4.5" female - after doing laps with the cricket, she eventually caught it

"Saranyu", Tapinauchineus violaceus, ~4.5" female - was great to watch, but even better she sat still so I could snatch some pics

"Saranyu", Tapinauchineus violaceus, ~4.5" female - reason she only has the small waterdish is that a bigger one gets filled with susbtrate, from this one she actually drinks

"Stripes", Poecilotheria miranda, ~4.5" female - *nomnomnom* Cricket treat...

"Stripes", Poecilotheria miranda, ~4.5" female - luckily she's eating...so let's get closer :)

"Stripes", Poecilotheria miranda, ~4.5" female - closeup

"4of4", Euathlus sp. "red", ~2.5" mature male - for those asking it took approx. 4,5 years for this boy from nymph to MM :)

"4of4", Euathlus sp. "red", ~2.5" mature male - I think the next time I see him making a spermweb, I'll go for it and try pairing them with my girls...

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
That miranda and tap is absolutely gorgeous :3
+10

Both are on my wish list and now I'm reminded why. I love how shiny the Tapinauchenius looks. The glare off her butt is almost blinding haha.

And that Euathlus sp. "red" is so chunky. Don't fatten him up too much, or your females are going to be more interested in eating him than making an egg sac with him!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
+10

Both are on my wish list and now I'm reminded why. I love how shiny the Tapinauchenius looks. The glare off her butt is almost blinding haha.

And that Euathlus sp. "red" is so chunky. Don't fatten him up too much, or your females are going to be more interested in eating him than making an egg sac with him!
I think he's gonna manage somehow...he's a bit bigger than my females currently so I'm basically hoping they'll molt again and I can try pairing them. :D

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
P. fasciata / P. miranda / B. boehmei / A. geniculata

"Takhisis", Poecilotheria fasciata, ~5.75" female - one of the rare occasions I could take some pictures finally...

"Takhisis", Poecilotheria fasciata, ~5.75" female - she's hell-on-legs usually

"Takhisis", Poecilotheria fasciata, ~5.75" female - and to prove that...

"Takhisis", Poecilotheria fasciata, ~5.75" female - ...she came out after those first few shots were taken, investigating what I was up to...

"Takhisis", Poecilotheria fasciata, ~5.75" female - that's the old waterdish in the left corner (the one she hid previously), I had taken out her real one to refill / clean

"Takhisis", Poecilotheria fasciata, ~5.75" female - ...getting it back in there proved...interesting :D

"Stripes", Poecilotheria miranda, ~4.5" female - hoping this girl will mellow out a bit with age, she's still pretty skittish

"Stripes", Poecilotheria miranda, ~4.5" female - ...but that's how most of them are, right? My MM is thinking he's a racewhell I guess :p

"Kenno", B. boehmei, immature male ~4.25" - he's funny, good eater, but every unpredictable in terms of what reaction he'll give on intrusion hehe

"Kenno", B. boehmei, immature male ~4.25" - at least this boy has already a date set up with a gorgeous female once he matures ;)

"Medeia", Acanthoscurria geniculata, ~8" female - bulky!

"Medeia", Acanthoscurria geniculata, ~8" female - her "trash" area is in the corner right behind the waterdish...*sigh*

"Medeia", Acanthoscurria geniculata, ~8" female - lucky for me, she's not that easily using her bristles as defense. On the downside - she'll use her fangs :D

"Medeia", Acanthoscurria geniculata, ~8" female - *nomnomnom* :):):)

Thanks for checking on my pics as usual. Appreciated, folks!
-Jan

PS: Chad, I don't think I'll ever chase that P. fasciata out of her home for a photo-session! That's one T I have a hell of a lot respect for. Maybe when she's aged a bit and perhaps calmed down some...couple years or so! :D

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Nice pics, the poecis makes me want more poecis lol, my female fasciata is very skittish and photophobic, but not defensive, and always visible... I love my poeci :biggrin: I only have one though *what is wrong with me*

Last edited:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice pics, the poecis makes me want more poecis lol, my female fasciata is very skittish and photophobic, but not defensive, and always visible... I love my poeci :biggrin: I only have one though *what is wrong with me*
Frankly, I hadn't planned to get any other Poecie beside a subfusca "lowland" female at some point. Perhaps a metallica later on too, but I was surprised with these three in exchange for my MM subfusca :D So I'm stuck with them (not a bad thing) and learning as I go. I'm just glad I've kept my Psalms for years before I got these really - funny enough my Psalms somehow give me less grief than the Poecs. Which is exactly the other way around than for most...:o_O:

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I like subfasca (low and high), miranda and tigrina.. formosa is also nice looking. My husband loves metallica. Each and every psalmo of mine gives me grief, except for my adult female, she's a sweetheart.