User Storm76's picture thread

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice collection, I still haven't gotten a p. Irminia yet :p. I kinda dove into old worlds. And I love the baboons. I'm getting a C. Marshalli in June, anyways nice Ts you got there. :)
Got get a P. irminia! They are freaking awesome, despite their defensiveness / speed! GREAT to watch...well that is...IF they are out! Very reclusive species :) Probably gonna get some baboon at some point, too. M. balfouri / C. darlingi or C. marshalli probably :)

ya nice work on the purpea,...one of the avics i have never had,...they dont come around very often around here..
Thanks, man. They are even here difficult to find, since as soon as they are advertised, they're sold out within a few days usually. I got lucky :)

awesome purpurea Storm.. i got a couple im getting this week as well.. WE SURE DO have the same taste in ts... lol
Thanks, man! And yeah, some similiarities there with the choices, lol :D - Although I'm getting addicted to the Psalmopoeus' that I have and proably gonna try to get the other species form that genus. We'll see...I'm not in a hurry ;)

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love those purpurea slings. For some reason, their gray color appeals to me more than any other avic sling

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I love those purpurea slings. For some reason, their gray color appeals to me more than any other avic sling
Oh well, their sling colors aren't that appealing to me, but their adult coloration? WOW! I just love blue and/or purple hues on spiders! Looks so amazing!

+1 I just recently got 3 one of which has already molted adorable little fuzz balls
Mine started to web up their sling enclosures already the night after I got them and have quite some webbing going on in there by now. Curious how yours are? Frankly, it would seem the purpurea slings web the most of the Avics that I have so far. The versicolor & azuraklaasi web some, but not much and especially the diversipes / amazonica seem to be content to not really web at all...keeping conditions don't vary between those, so I guess it's just their personal preference.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ive noticed that too .. my diversipes webbed one tube web down the deli its in, while the versi has webbed a bunch.. seems to be pretty common, as ive heard versi are considered "heavier webbers" for avics.. cant wait to see how the purpurea's rate IN PERSON

web eviction

Arachnolord
Ya mine are .5 inches haha well 2 of them are still :) and they webbed there little viles the first 20 minutes they were introduced... My versi has only ever made a web hammock in the top corner and ive had him since he was about half inch, he matured about two months ago.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ive noticed that too .. my diversipes webbed one tube web down the deli its in, while the versi has webbed a bunch.. seems to be pretty common, as ive heard versi are considered "heavier webbers" for avics.. cant wait to see how the purpurea's rate IN PERSON
They'll probably web the heck out of the enclosure. I've seen mine starting to web pretty much EVERYWHERE in there. Here a tubeweb, there some strains and OH HEY: There has to be another tube! *webwebweb* pretty funny :)

Ya mine are .5 inches haha well 2 of them are still :) and they webbed there little viles the first 20 minutes they were introduced... My versi has only ever made a web hammock in the top corner and ive had him since he was about half inch, he matured about two months ago.
My versis both have a single tubeweb only in the place they like. :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Soo, here some pictures from my Heterothele villosella girl, "Takhisis" - she was out and about webbing and checking on the immediate surroundings of her web :D

P1010223.JPG

P1010224.JPG

P1010226.JPG

P1010229.JPG

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
And last night, Euathlus pulcherimaklaasi sling, "Neelam", molted:

P1010243.JPG

P1010247.JPG

P1010248.JPG

Also, one of my 3 Avicularia purpurea slings thought it was about time to shed its skin ;) The little one is still
hunched up in his webbing, these Avics are very shy so far and retreat into their webbing when disturbed like
on the picture shown:
P1010249.JPG

matt82

Arachnoknight
I really like that E. pulcherimaklaasi, they look great at that stage.
I've watched a couple of your vids too, good job with them, the last vid I put on youtube was a terrible quality GBB sling feeding vid, goes to show how lazy I am with making vids, that GBB has matured and died since...! The B. smithi I saw in one that was relucant to move made me laugh, most of the Ts here will set off like a bottle rocket at so much as a touch on the foot :D I love frantic Ts, but couple of chilled out additions might be needed also!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I really like that E. pulcherimaklaasi, they look great at that stage.
I've watched a couple of your vids too, good job with them, the last vid I put on youtube was a terrible quality GBB sling feeding vid, goes to show how lazy I am with making vids, that GBB has matured and died since...! The B. smithi I saw in one that was relucant to move made me laugh, most of the Ts here will set off like a bottle rocket at so much as a touch on the foot :D I love frantic Ts, but couple of chilled out additions might be needed also!
Thanks, Matt. My B. smithi was just 7 days post molt, so she was not really willing to move :) However, she showed me the other day that she certainly CAN be fast if she sees the need to (filling the waterdish after putting it back in wasn't what she had in mind - checked back 2 hrs later - waterdish full with dirt *sigh*) ;)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Alright, so I received my P. cambridgei juvie female today and she's VERY quick as is normal for this species. Poor thing was in the post for nearly 48 hrs due to the post over here. Not the sellers fault, he actually did a great job at packing and I'll certainly buy from that one again (www.chromatopelma.de) - but anyways, here's some pictures of my new girl and I'll edit the post to include the housing video once it's uploaded (you'll have fun @Porp!) Enjoy!

Kinda bad one, through the plastic:
P1010252.JPG

Way better with open lid:
P1010254.JPG

She's about 2,5" I think. Need to measure her if I get the chance...
P1010255.JPG

Here's the videolink of the unpacking & housing her:
[YOUTUBE]fsZv7Z3HvEA[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice Heterothele villosella! I currently have a male in with my female (hes been in there a couple of days now) hopefully hes got the job done!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha, those cambridgei love to bolt! Very nice spider!
Thank and yeah, they sure do! She's already totally comfy in her corkbark. Webbed up the outer part of it draggin huge lumps of moss up there and now she's sitting at the entrance all the time. Probably gonna see her tomorrow in the feeding vid :)

You have a very nice collection, keep the pics coming
Thank you, sir. I sure will ;)

Nice lil Ep!...looks great!
Ep? P.cambridgei :D Thanks, man!

Nice Heterothele villosella! I currently have a male in with my female (hes been in there a couple of days now) hopefully hes got the job done!
Yeah, she's my only OW so far (yeah, I hear ya @JFB :D) hope you'll get a sack from yours, buddy! They behave like M. balfouri and even feed their offspring form what I read! Pretty awesome! Mom kills, the kids feed ;)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Some new pictures taken today...

A. azuraklaasi
P1010280.JPG

P1010285.JPG

A. amazonica (the one that molted)
P1010287.JPG

P1010288.JPG

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
These two didn't feel like eating in front of the cam when doing the vid, but got their food right after it was turned off, lol :D

A. versicolor
P1010289.JPG

P1010290.JPG

P. cambridgei
P1010291.JPG

P1010293.JPG