storage tubs for housing

Lee Barkworth

Arachnopeon
hi all is there anybody who successfully uses storage box’s eg really useful box
And if so how do you find them as an enclosure
Many thanks

EvanShavingCream

Arachnopeon
I haven't used that brand but storage boxes in general work great for T's. I don't tend to use storage boxes because I don't like that they aren't completely clear but that is all just personal taste. As long as you have substrate, a hide, and ventilation you should be fine because tarantulas don't care about their enclosure looks like.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hi all is there anybody who successfully uses storage box’s eg really useful box
And if so how do you find them as an enclosure
Many thanks
I have used RUBs. And I love them!! I like them because the lids come off easy, they don't disturb Ts like deli cups, but the lids lock w/the blue handles, and do easily.

AND they are stackable!!

They are the best alternative to acrylic that I have used. So many sizes too.

A few of us are real RUB enthusiasts here hah.

@EulersK time to sing the RUB love to the OP.

Last edited:

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Going to add in a question I ask periodically:

I've heard there are a few newer *very* clear RUBs. What are the clearest for those who really dislike the cloudy, milky view?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Going to add in a question I ask periodically:

I've heard there are a few newer *very* clear RUBs. What are the clearest for those who really dislike the cloudy, milky view?
Really?? I haven't seen this on their website at all. I think you are mistaken.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Really?? I haven't seen this on their website at all. I think you are mistaken.
My mistake, I should have added clearest of *any* of the storage bin brands, not just RUB. I've heard Sterilite has a new more clear one, but haven't found it or seen it....