Stoked Beginings From 1 Beginner To The Next

Brumbleberry

Arachnopeon
Totally normal. I've got several right now that I've had for almost a month and I haven't seen them since the day after I got them. Just be patient, they're settling in and trying to establish their new home, and this takes time. You'll probably see evidence of them soon (moved/excavated sub, food disappeared, etc.).

Some of the best advice I've gotten since joining this hobby is to remember that the spider knows how to be a spider better than we do, so don't over think it, relax, and enjoy watching them do their spidery thing. :wideyed:;)
Thank you Lokee85! I appreciate it very much. I waited 3 days after it arrived and sent a pinhead roach in the enclosure, and I haven't seen it again, so maybe it's been eaten! Thanks again for the note to calm my nerves.

Brumbleberry

Arachnopeon
Yup, very normal. Slings tend to burrow, especially Brachypelma slings. As it grows bigger it will generally be seen more often.
Keep the waterdish full and offer prekilled prey and watch that disappear :D

Good call on giving it quiet time to settle down :) Lots of new keepers hassle too much with their T's out of enthusiasm, but that is only adding stress to an already stressful situation. So nice going!
Thank you Andrea!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
This is the rosehairs enclosure. 1" as well. It's on the smaller side but I feel it's adequate, will be rehoused after her first molt in our care, for sure.
Maybe a dumb question...but why did you put your obt and G.rosea in those enclosures if you're planning to move them again after next molt? I'd housed them in the next enclosures without an intermediate enclosure. At this size, the P.murinus will have outgrown this enclosure in a few weeks/months.
This way you've only set yourself up for an unnecessary battle with the orange demon ;).
I would remove the tissue if you keep it in this enclosure, it will become a breeding ground for nasties ;)

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
I got her moved. I prepared for the worst but had no problems at all. She was gentle with me this time, haha.

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Great thread OP

I think it's awesome . Confidence only comes with experience.
enjoy your new experiences.

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Just an update, my OBT may be molting. It's using it's hide which it never has before and it threw up a dirt curtain so I assume that's what's going on in there. :) #proudparent.

Haha. Also GBB and the Rosehair got some plump rumps goin on!