1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stirmi size in captivity

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Bread, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Bread

Bread Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I realise this has been asked before but most threads i've found have gone silly.

My female stirmi has just molted and is hiding in her cave of doom (molt safely at the back of said pit of despair)
    She has thrown me a bone however, the shed carapace is outside and is 4.5cm! across. She was 9.5" pre moult (way off any records yet), how much bigger do you think she can get? (Shes celebrates her 15th eggwithlegday on the 3rd of july)

Whats the largest youve seen on here?

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  2. basin79

basin79 Arachnoprince Active Member

Would love to see some pics/video of her when she's hardened up and out and about.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Moonohol

Moonohol Two Legged Freak Arachnosupporter

Indiana
    Your stirmi has the same bday as me, haha. You gotta share some photos of that beast asap!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I have a pair I'm trying mate and your female is probably bigger than mine I'd love to see her!!

5. Charlottesweb17

Charlottesweb17 Arachnopeon

Canada
    Planning on getting a stirmi for my collection always love to see everyone else's.

6. Bread

Bread Arachnopeon

They are epic, shes always out prowling her enclosure and dives on prey quicker than a chav on a giro (may need to be UK to understand that)
    Mines still hiding right now.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoknight Active Member

I believe they can hit the 12 inch mark, I heard of apophysis males getting even larger. I would think the average sizes would be somewhere between 9-10", with some larger specimens attaining an 11-12" legspan.

My female has grown faster then anything I have experienced, truly incredible. She's gone from a 1.5inch sling to a roughly 7-8" monster in a little over a year, I acquired her in March of 2016.
    http://arachnoboards.com/gallery/t-stirmi.41697/
    http://arachnoboards.com/gallery/t-stirmi.40854/

• Like Like x 1