still can’t decide

miamc12321

Arachnopeon
My A geniculata burrowed waaaay down. I still love my little guy. Before he went CIA he was a great hunter! A geniculata are a great beginner to intermediate species.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I have both and while I like each of them I would say A. genic. - A. chalcodes has the annoying habit of going on multi-month hunger strikes, something you will NEVER have to worry about with A. genic.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
my bud frighteningly can’t get them passed the 2” 5cm mark. He’s tried with 10, currently has 2 that are approaching 5cm, looks promising.
Tell your buddy to do some research on here before he gets more spiders.. That mortality rate is just depressing. :(

Get the genic now, and then get the chalcodes when the genic out-grows the enclosure :astonished:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
And never owned but always wanted C.Versi... just afraid to, my bud frighteningly can’t get them passed the 2” 5cm mark.
Tell your buddy to do some research on here before he gets more spiders.. That mortality rate is just depressing. :(
Yeah, he's definitely doing something wrong, I've only lost one out of four and that was already in horrible shape when it arrived.

8LeggedLair

Arachnoknight

Get the genic now, and then get the chalcodes when the genic out-grows the enclosure :astonished:
He’s been in the hobby Over 20 years... this is the only species he can not keep

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
He’s been in the hobby Over 20 years... this is the only species he can not keep
It doesn't matter how long you do something if you're doing wrong:). He need to do more research and rethink what he is doing before he kills any more slings.

8LeggedLair

Arachnoknight
It doesn't matter how long you do something if you're doing wrong:). He need to do more research and rethink what he is doing before he kills any more slings.
Experience definitely helps in whatever it is you are doing.
We will see with the 2 he has currently.
He’s very unlucky 3 has died from being stuck in the molt, first 4 died from too much humidity this was when they were avicularia some 10 years ago and another from unknown causes. He knows what he is doing, just has extremely bad luck with C.Versi’s

isabel

Arachnopeon

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Or you could always go with a Phormictopus sp. Large, good growth rate, feisty, and not to mention the blue coloration they have as slings is stunning! And don’t believe anyone who calls them just big brown spiders with a horrible attitude, tbeyre anything but that. One of my favorite generas.
10C2E479-1B56-4D97-AEFC-5D8C260903B1.jpeg

8LeggedLair

Arachnoknight

isabel

Arachnopeon
Is £20 and a 1h 15mun drive a good price and distance for an A. geniculata?

8LeggedLair

Arachnoknight
Is £20 and a 1h 15mun drive a good price and distance for an A. geniculata?
How big? Under 1.75” inches i wouldn’t pay it. I mean that’s me...
If I had a place that close to me I’d be driving there at least 2-3 times a month lol.

isabel

Arachnopeon
How big? Under 1.75” inches i wouldn’t pay it. I mean that’s me...
If I had a place that close to me I’d be driving there at least 2-3 times a month lol.
Not sure of size! Haha! It’s in Lincoln so traffic is mad, we don’t have much time and the shop is TINY!