Steve Calceatum's (formerly known as Xsyorra) Picture Thread

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ok, so I borrowed a friends digital camera to get some pics of my little buggers. I'll probably end up with my own camera in a couple of weeks, but for now, using a borrowed camera is a much better way than using my iPhone to get this thread kick-started.

0.0.1 Avicularia versicolor (I believe it to be a female, but waiting a couple of molts to confirm that)

0.1.0 Brachypelma smithi

0.1.0 Cyclosternum fasciatum (pre-molt @ 1.25")

Post-molt, taken this morning!!! A whopping 2" little girl!!!

0.1.0 Gramostola rosea out for a handle

Charlotte playing "Peek-a-Boo!!!"

0.0.1 Psalmopoeus irminia (pre-molt @ 2.25")

1.0.0 Poecilotheria striata

loza

Arachnopeon
Some really nice pics there :)
Jezebel is adorable!! haha
Delilah has lovely colours and Charlotte is one hairy T! :D

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Here's a few pics of my new additions:

Avicularia avicularia (Believed to be female, holding out hope, named her "Eva.")

First day out for a stroll:

"Lilith" my evil little Stromatopelma calceatum (Ventrally, it looks female)

Poecilotheria regalis - little b@$t@rd wanted to kill me from second one!! LOL

OBT - need I say more? They're so cute as babies!!!

Lasiodora parahybana - The easiest spyder I've ever unpacked!!!

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
H. maculata Sling

This thing is so small, and my borrowed digicam died after about 4 shots, so it was really difficult to get a decent pic. My friend is bringing her charging apparatus today, so I'll actually be able to sit around and figure out how to properly photograph even my smallest slings.

Here's my little H. mac sling that I've affectionately nicknamed "Micro." Sorry about the qualiy and a little "over-photoshoping." I'll have some much better pics soon.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome spiders - great shots too .... how do you get your versi to sit still?

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Awesome spiders - great shots too .... how do you get your versi to sit still?
Thanks....I'm very grateful to have a gracious friend to lend me her camera so I could try to capture their beauty. How did I get my versi to sit still? Simple: I didn't!!! {D She's the hardest one to photograph next to my tiny H. mac sling. Took something like 10 shots just to get that one. I'll try to get a few more pics of her before I gotta give the camera back.

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
A few more: A. versicolor, C. fasciatum, P. irminia, and P. regalis

Here you go....a few more pics. Got a couple more of my A. versicolor (my favorite T), and a couple better shots of my new Pokie. Also got a couple of post-molt pics of my C. fasciatum and P. irminia to share.

A. versicolor

C. fasciatum

P. irminia

P. regalis

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I *heart* Avics!!!

Here's a few pics of an Avic handling session I did a while ago. My friend Eryck, and his girlfriend Bianca got in on the action too. My roommate also joined the fun, but he was only willing to handle something big (probably to satiate his own ego and impress the ladies). He also made me promise that I wouldn't put that pic of him up on AB....he had the strangest expression on his face, like he was p*ssing himself while handling a Pinktoe. {D Eva was not too cooperative with him either, so his handling time didn't last long.

My little versicolor...two of my favorite pics of her too!!!

Bianca handling my versi

Eryck giving it a go

My Avic avic!!! Don't laugh about handling with a long-sleeve. Eva hates the taste of human skin, and has only recently been allowing me to handle her without the sleeves. She still rarely tolerates other people besides myself handling her.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice photos. I really like your C. fasciatum! :clap:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome collection you've got going there!

I really enjoyed handling my versi when he was about the size of your Jezebel, too

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Very nice photos. I really like your C. fasciatum! :clap:
Thanks!!! The C. fasciatum is my daughter's favorite (because it's "pink," go figure). I just love having that species. Really easy to keep, and such a viscious eater. When I show her off, people's eyes just buldge out of their sockets. Few people have ever seen a colorful spider, let alone something as strikingly vibrant as this one. A totally underrated sp. IMHO.

Awesome collection you've got going there!

I really enjoyed handling my versi when he was about the size of your Jezebel, too
Well, hails from the Pacific NorthWest!!!! Thanks. My little Jezebel is my favorite tarantula. She f-ing bit me last weekend to remind me of who's boss (my fault for p*ssing her off), but she's a total sweetheart. I could not have asked for a better spider. Jezebel has won more hearts than any of my other T's.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
LOL I didn't even notice you are in Portland! Shows how much I pay attention to that part of the screen haha

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks!!! The C. fasciatum is my daughter's favorite (because it's "pink," go figure). I just love having that species. Really easy to keep, and such a viscious eater. When I show her off, people's eyes just buldge out of their sockets. Few people have ever seen a colorful spider, let alone something as strikingly vibrant as this one. A totally underrated sp. IMHO.
I totally agree, I was going to buy one awhile ago but when I went back it was gone. :eek: They're definately on my list though. :D

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Update: C. fasciatum, P. irminia, LP, and new arrivals

3" male C. fasciatum

3" male P. irminia

1.75" L. parahybana

New Arrivals!!!!!:

One of my 3 GBB slings:

And my mean P. cambridgei

pythonjosh

Arachnopeon
It may be a stage of youth, but your smithi looks a lot like B. emilia.
I have a smithi and just recently discovered emilia and just fell in love. Wanna get rid of the smithi now.
Love your irminias too. Def on my must have list.

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
New Camera Closeups

Now that I've got a handle on my camera, I took some shots during feeding time last night. These were the 4 best ones. I did some cropping and a little bit of color re-touching in photoshop. Hopefully they turned out OK.

This one I'm not too happy with, but it's still a great shot.

Hope you enjoyed!!!!