Steatoda Triangulosa Spiderlings Cannibalizing

SteatodaNegrossa

Arachnopeon
Nice. I have an 8 month old female that was about that size when I found it. First sling hatched about a month ago. Probably less than 50 left now.

Edit: turns out I still think it's 2016.

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That's the same way I raise my latrodectus. After the numbers get down to a more mangeable level I swap them out to individual digs. I let them go till there are much fewer, maybe 20 or so. I have to be frugal with space once I have several females laying all at once

RepugnantOoze

Arachnosquire
Do you guys breed themto sell? If so is there a market for these true spider species?

SteatodaNegrossa

Arachnopeon
Do you guys breed themto sell? If so is there a market for these true spider species?
It's actually the first spider I've ever raised. I fed mine a few males in hopes they'd mate before she ate them. That ended up being a success. I'm not certain if my sling is full Triangulosa or a Triangulosa/Grossa hybrid. Very common around my house. I'd say most people could just find one themselves. Very hardy spider capable of surviving these freezing temps.

NolanRobertsIntrovert

Arachnosquire
It's actually the first spider I've ever raised. I fed mine a few males in hopes they'd mate before she ate them. That ended up being a success. I'm not certain if my sling is full Triangulosa or a Triangulosa/Grossa hybrid. Very common around my house. I'd say most people could just find one themselves. Very hardy spider capable of surviving these freezing temps.