1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Stamps Tarantulas - AKA Longview Steven (Stevens Stamps) (https://stampstarantulas.com/)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by Thobby1982, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akai

Akai Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    I purchased some young females from Steven the other day. I received a C. Darlingi and a P. murinus female. I also purchased two Psednocnemis brachyramosa “Malaysian Blue Beauty” slings. The heat pack was still warm and everything was perfect as usual.

Thanks again Steven

2. Inland Sea

Inland Sea Arachnosquire Arachnosupporter

Positive

Received a group of stirmi from Steven this week. Unfortunately they had gotten pretty cold in transit and some were in pretty rough shape. I told Steven I'd give them a couple of days to see how many didn't recover and then give him a mortality total. Fortunately most pulled out of it and are doing fine. He promptly refunded the cost of the ones that didn't make it. All in all a thoroughly professional handling of an unfortunate situation. I highly recommend him and will deal again.

3. concretednut

concretednut Arachnopeon

Texas
    Steve

Met him at Repticon Dallas, great guy and got a Hati Hati as well Medusa, all in all great guy.

4. jtipton

jtipton Arachnopeon

I ordered 4 G. pulchra. They arrived in great condition and packaged very well. One was even almost double the size that I ordered. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.

5. Cavedweller

Cavedweller Arachnoprince

Positive!

Great correspondence, well packed, everything arrived on time, safe and sound. Steven was even let me reserve some Ts without a deposit or anything.

6. Spaceblues

Spaceblues Arachnopeon

Texas
    Great seller! Ordered my very first T's the other day. He talked to me on the phone to give me some tips since I'm new to the hobby and helped me as my package was delayed due to weather (not his fault obviously).

Thanks to how well he packaged the T's they arrived safe and sound. Don't ever hesitate to buy from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MobBurrow

MobBurrow Vial Creatures Of The Hairy Mob District Arachnosupporter

Recommended. My first batch from stamps would have been perfect if not for a doa. BUT he did replace him as promised plus covered shipping, keeping up with my emails which was reassuring. Couldn't say he was at fault anyway. Shipped em proper both times. If he did happen to lose anything ethics gonna make it back next time.

8. Akai

Akai Arachnobaron

I received two Pampho sp Santo Domingo and two E murinus spiderlings. Transaction was perfect and heat pack was still warm! Thanks Steven.

9. Chad2008

Chad2008 Arachnopeon

I made my first purchase from Steve at repticon dallas in 2014 and i have to say even up until now he is bar far the most helpful of anyone i have dealt with.
    My first buy was as follows
    0.1.0 Haplopelma lividum
    0.0.1 Poecilotheria Rufilata

Both beautiful, both have molted once, and both are major gluttens.

Next i bought 0.0.2 pocilotheria metallicas from him.
    Both came in gorgeous and well taken care of.
    One has molted out to a male the other is in pre molt and looking heavily female.

I highly recommend Steve and his tarantulas. He is especialy good for people new to the hobby as he doesn't mind spending the extra time to help and over explain things.

10. Akai

Akai Arachnobaron

I purchased some Pamphobeteus species from Steven. I got 2 P. antioquia and 2 P. machalla spiderlings and I also added 2 E. cyanognathus as well. All spiderlings came in perfect and the heat pack still warm. You can't go wrong with Stamps Tarantulas!

11. Akai

Akai Arachnobaron

Well I love Pamphobeteus species and I had to pick up 2 P. duran spiderlings. I also added 2 more P. muticus to the collection. Everything was perfect and Steven is my tarantula guy in the Lone Star State! Thanks Steven!

12. POSITIVE

Ordered 2 unsexed 1.5" Pamphobeteus ultramarinus during the "spring break inventory clearance sale" on Friday March 13, 2015. They were shipped out Monday and in my hands Tuesday March 17, 2015.

Sale prices on those were too good to resist. Ordering online was smooth and easy, I actually placed the order from my phone's browser during a break at work. I contacted Steven a few times through Facebook and email with various questions, and received timely responses, so communication was great. Packaging was also great: styrofoam-lined box, heat pack, crumpled newspaper for cushioning, and the two spiders were each well-packed in vials that were wrapped up tightly in a paper bag inside the box. Each vial was very well-cushioned with moist paper towels, and an appropriately-sized plug on the top, which left little room for the spider to bounce around inside the vial. Both spiders came out very alive and healthy! And from the measurements I've tried to take, both appear to be over 1.5" as well.

I would have personally preferred a "signature required" on the delivery (I did ask if it could be added after the label had already been created, but it could not), just because I dread the thought of my spiders sitting on my porch for any length of time if I somehow were to miss the knock on my door. Although I was home all day anyway (I work nights), waiting for the package, I just prefer that extra precaution; I'd much rather have to drive to a location and pick them up because I missed the delivery, than have them sit on my open porch exposed to whatever the weather is. But that's just my personal preference, and it still worked out just fine without having to sign for the package -- I was out the front door as soon as the delivery truck pulled up in front of my house!

Very happy overall with the transaction! Will keep an eye out for future sales. Would recommend to others.

13. Dave Marschang

Dave Marschang Arachnoknight

99.8% positive

I completed an order with these guys a week ago and all the spiders arrived exactly as expected. they have a better selection than everyone else and their prices are pretty impressive. the only reason I took .2% off their rating is because they only had three G.pulchra slings and I wanted five! It hurt my feelings lol .....all jokes aside I cant see any reason to buy elsewhere.

---------- Post added 03-26-2015 at 06:10 PM ----------

OH and they shipped fed ex and it was no problem to pay the $5 fed ex fee to make sure the spiders were not delivered till after I was home from work! pretty handy I gotta tell ya.

14. ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade Planeswalker Old Timer

Great dealer, handled transaction professionally and packaged the spiders well. Already in discussion for another order. Would highly recommend to anyone!

-Sean

15. horanjp

horanjp Arachnosquire Arachnosupporter

VA
    Positive.

Was contemplating a little birthday present for myself, but wanted to feel like I got a deal on my purchase. I contacted Steven, he called me promptly on my cell, we had a chat with many chuckles, he shared with me a little exuvium sexing trick he's been developing, and we worked out a small break for my order. There was a little delay in shipping out, but communication was on time and there were no surprises. Packing was perfect, slings survived, & didn't mind sending my package to the Hairy Mob District for unloading. A little odd that there was no free-b on a $300+ dealer order, but I understand these things aren't guaranteed and I have enough LP's anyway. Steven made good on my expensive impulse and the slings' ventrals look promising. Extremely happy today, thanks Steven!

16. EDED

EDED Arachnobaron Old Timer

USA
    Got my breeding pair from Stamps

spiders came in perfect condition

online ordering was no issue and fedex delivered on time

thank you

17. spiderbesideher

spiderbesideher Arachnosquire

Great seller. Received an order of a B. smithi sling and G. pulchra sling today. Shipping was on time, packaging was great and t's are doing well. Will repeat.

18. ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade Planeswalker Old Timer

Another very positive transaction. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

-Sean

19. PMMEYOURTs

PMMEYOURTs Arachnopeon

90% Positive, that's still an 'A'

Ordered 8 T's from stamps tarantulas on a thursday (to my dismay, they ship mon-wed haha) and got a grand deal on all of them. sale prices are outstanding. my only complaints are: I requested a cold pack and did not get one in my packing, and one of the vials had popped open in transit (not sure if seller's oversight or transport mishandling) resulting in a sling injury. All in all, fantastic seller and will buy from again.

20. Ethan4791

Ethan4791 Arachnopeon

Stamps Tarantulas

After losing my T collection to a house fire a few years ago I finally decided to start keeping again. I jumped right back into the deep end with a 4" Theraphosa
    Stirmi from Stamps Tarantulas. Steven was very helpful in finding me what I wanted and getting it to me when it was convenient to me. I'm hoping to purchase a
    few slings from him soon! Just gotta convince the wife first :biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.