Staehilo's centipedes

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Some more pede pics:

Kuranda rubripes (my remaining one) eating a grape.
DSCN3701.JPG

Green rubripes doing nothing in particular.
DSCN3680.JPG

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Here are some of my new additions:

I have several individuals of a form of E. rubripes from Townsville. While they don't get as large as some of the other rubripes variants (only ~150mm or so), they are extremely robust. They're fast becoming one of my favourite pedes, due to their stocky build, generally docile temperaments, and unquenchable appetites.

This is stubby, the biggest. It's pushing 140mm body-length, but is almost as thick as Azog (who measures 170mm). Though it looks significantly darker in the pic, it's a similar colour to the regular tiger form. It also has a wholly black cephalic plate, which looks neat.
Stubby.jpg

Here is another (you can see the true coloration on this one), which stuck its head under a rock when the camera came out, even though it had been sitting in the open all day before. I gave it a cricket, which it dragged into its lair.
DSCN3840 (2).JPG
DSCN3843 (2).JPG

These two come from the same locale, and have the same build, but are more darkly coloured, especially toward the front.
DSCN3848 (2).JPG
DSCN3849.JPG
DSCN3852 (2).JPG

Finally, here's a tiny blue-legged morsitans. It's a surprisingly voracious feeder for its size.
DSCN3854 (2).JPG

ShaakTee

Arachnopeon
What gorgeous pedes! Those Kurandas are gorgeous. I take it from the name they are from around the Kuranda region? Because if so, next time I am in Kuranda, I think I might have to go have a look.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Sure are! And those aren't even true Kuranda rubripes. The true Kuranda tableland variant is apparently even more vibrant.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Good luck! Apparently, they're often found at higher elevations - lower down are other rubripes variants such as tigers and Cairns greens.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Handling my young Kuranda rubripes. To my current knowledge, this is a true Kuranda rubripes, with significantly deeper blue on the legs than the pedes I've called "Kuranda" earlier on this thread.
KurandaHandling1.jpg

BB8

Arachnosquire
nice dude, my tiger sucked on apple for 12hrs straight lastnight after she downed 3 medium crickets.... what a pig eh? OHH that reminds me, i got slow mo video of the 3rd cricket beat down :p i'll copy it off my phone. (crickets are hilarious in slow mo)

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Sorry to say that I just bought the biggest one, plus another 12cm individual. He still has a few left, at about 9-12cm.
To judge from the fact that one of my posts got a like from someone named Dennis Nedry, I presume you're in the Australian Centipedes FB group. In which case, it should be pretty easy to find his post.
I recently got a FB account! Can you please tell me how to get into the Australian Centipedes group so I could talk about my new rubripes and also about the life of my former and larger and older rubripes as well!! Your help will be much appreciated and taken to heart!!

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Some new pedes:
Unbanded Scolopendra morsitans from inland Queensland:
fullsizeoutput_108.jpeg
Ethmostigmus rubripes from Silver Valley in North Queensland:
fullsizeoutput_109.jpeg