Springtails or Dwarf Isopods?

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
As the title suggests, I’m looking to either get some springtails or dwarf white isopods. I have a minor grain mite problem, and am looking to implement one of these species as a cleaner crew for most of my isopod/reptile/invert enclosures (cleaner crews for isopods...how ironic). I guess my question is: Would dwarf iso’s harm a molting invert? If not, I’m more inclined to get those (gives me an excuse to buy other isopods i’ve been eyeing:angelic:), but if springtails are safer/better I’d completely understand. Anything to outcompete those awful little mites!

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As the title suggests, I’m looking to either get some springtails or dwarf white isopods. I have a minor grain mite problem, and am looking to implement one of these species as a cleaner crew for most of my isopod/reptile/invert enclosures (cleaner crews for isopods...how ironic). I guess my question is: Would dwarf iso’s harm a molting invert? If not, I’m more inclined to get those (gives me an excuse to buy other isopods i’ve been eyeing:angelic:), but if springtails are safer/better I’d completely understand. Anything to outcompete those awful little mites!
I keep isopods and springtails with a variety of creatures, so I’ll contribute my thoughts:

For the reptiles, i would use both springtails and isopods. Reptiles tend to produce a fair amount of waste, and having both is helpful to deal with the volume.

I would avoid keeping dwarf isopods with larger species of isopod. In my experience, they compete too much. Both will likely still breed, but the dwarfs will gain the upper hand and reduce the productivity of the larger species. Springtails, on the other hand, seem to be very beneficial in isopod cultures.

With regard to other inverts, springtails are generally a safe bet...dwarf isopods tend to work for most species, but I would avoid putting them with millipedes, if you have any. They are reported to have attacked freshly molted millipedes on occasion. They seem to leave quite a few other inverts alone though...I keep dwarf and larger with my amblypygids without problems. Lots of people here on AB keep them with their Ts without issues as well.

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
Thank you! I’ll most likely end up doing both, as I need some excuse to get my hands on P. pruinosus and Armadillidium granulatum ;).

Godzillaalienfan1979

Arachnoknight
Yeah, pretty much what everyone else said. I'd avoid keeping 'em with Millipedes, but Tarantulas and Amblypygi are fine with both.

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
Oops! My bad, meant to agree with your post, Godzillaalienfan. I ended up just getting springtails for my invert enclosures, and for my more humid gecko enclosure.