Springtails in molting centipede enclosure

Tanaksaes

Arachnopeon
My Scolopendra robusta is in heavy premolt and seems like she is about to molt very soon. However after increasing the moisture there seems to be an increase in springtails that seem to be crawling all over her. Should I be concerned that they may damage a molting pede? There is a large group of springtails that seem to have exploded in their population.

Attachments

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No absolutely not. In the wild ants and insects are crawlung on moulting spiders and centipedes. In a eggsack, spiderlings are moulting with other spiderlings crawling all around. By this said i dont mean that you should poke on a moulting tarantula!
But dont worrie, some crawling springtail are no danger to it

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
My Scolopendra robusta is in heavy premolt and seems like she is about to molt very soon. However after increasing the moisture there seems to be an increase in springtails that seem to be crawling all over her. Should I be concerned that they may damage a molting pede? There is a large group of springtails that seem to have exploded in their population.
No, not at all. Ever since I’ve had my S. heros “Madrean Banded”, I’ve kept springtails in its enclosure, and it’s molted twice and done perfectly fine.