Spring tails, White Dwarf/Blue/Orange Powder-ISOPODS for bioactive enclosures?

Lola the Spood

Arachnopeon
Please help. Can I do a mixture of 20 White dwarf and 10 Orange or Blue ISOPODS for my bioactive enclosures? These are for an enclosure 8x8x12 for a Hyllus Diardi. I went to a pet store and they told me NO WAY...that it will eat my spider.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I only use springtails as a clean up crew because isopods have a taste for protein

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
And they can be an annoyance to the Spider.

Last edited:

sparticus

Arachnoknight
I'd avoid the isopods. I tried combining a few with a dubia roach colony for cleanup and the isopods took over, and were munching the dubia egg cases and newborn roaches. I now have a bin with just thousands of isopods and had to start a new bin for the dubias.

Poffypoffa

Arachnosquire
I have dwarf whites in a single arboreal enclosure, and they seem to stay largely underground (I’ve never seen one on the surface), but it’s an experiment and I’ll keep a close eye on it. There’s plenty of bio matter for them to eat. I only use springtails everywhere else, and they do the job just fine. I do mix dwarf whites and powders in my gecko bioactive.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
What type of spider? if it’s somehow accidentally molts on the ground . Isopods probably eat it.