Spot on G. Rosea abdomen?

Andiness

Arachnopeon
Can anyone tell me what this spot is on my G. Rose's abdomen? She's had it for the whole 3 years that I've had her, and kept it through a molt. She doesn't flick, and it didn't just reappear after a while post molt, it was just still there. 20190902_204316.jpg

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Ts sometimes lay hairs down in there web it just looks like a bald patch from kicking, you’re not watching it 24/7 I assume so you can’t really say it doesn’t kick hairs.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Grammostola species have very large mirror patches of urticating hairs that are very obvious. The urticating hairs are a different composition to the rest of their hairs and they reflect light differently - that is why it is called a 'mirror' patch.
I can't really tell by the quality of the photo, but I am assuming that is what you're referring to. They have it all the time and that is actually a physical trait that makes it easier to identify Grammostola species on a whole, although other species also have very prominent mirror patches.
Does it look like this? Is this what you're referring to?
DSC04058-2.jpg

Andiness

Arachnopeon
Grammostola species have very large mirror patches of urticating hairs that are very obvious. The urticating hairs are a different composition to the rest of their hairs and they reflect light differently - that is why it is called a 'mirror' patch.
I can't really tell by the quality of the photo, but I am assuming that is what you're referring to. They have it all the time and that is actually a physical trait that makes it easier to identify Grammostola species on a whole, although other species also have very prominent mirror patches.
Does it look like this? Is this what you're referring to?
View attachment 319624
Thank you!!!! I was so worried about my girl!

Ts sometimes lay hairs down in there web it just looks like a bald patch from kicking, you’re not watching it 24/7 I assume so you can’t really say it doesn’t kick hairs.
Considering that I watched her drying off post molt and it was already there, I can be sure that it's not from kicking hairs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Considering that I watched her drying off post molt and it was already there, I can be sure that it's not from kicking hairs.
The pic you posted looks like a bald patch try explaining what you see better or get a better pic for future reference

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Mirror spot. I sort of hate them -- looks like crusty dandruff or eczema or something gross. Anyway, completely normal.