Spontaneous Heterometrus Babies!!!

joseoro11

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!

Before I describe the brood of Asian Forest scorpions I discovered with my Asian forest scorpion, allow me to provide some context. About 10 months ago, I purchased an assumed wild caught Asian Forest Scorpion from my local reptile store. I did some research on how to sex them, and little did I know I inaccurately sexed it as a male. These past few weeks, it was been gaining some girth, and I assumed little of it and thought it was just gaining some weight due to feeding. However, today I discovered babies laying on the now female specimen. Can anyone help me with the next few steps regarding the babies:rofl:? I'm quite shocked LOL.

ianhunt

Arachnopeon
Some heterometrus are parthenogenic, you can start feeding those babies nymps once they got out of their mothers back. congrats on your brood!

ianhunt

Arachnopeon
Parthenogenic? Any examples?
Here in PH me and my friend aquired a wild caught forest scorplings ( probably 4i-5i) a few years back. but to our surprise when it matured it gave birth to scorplings without even being mated. we are not sure what exact species are they but we guessed that it was a h. longimanus. also on a PH forums many other keepers experienced the same thing even on their captive bred scorpions.

THR

Arachnosquire
Here in PH me and my friend aquired a wild caught forest scorplings ( probably 4i-5i) a few years back. but to our surprise when it matured it gave birth to scorplings without even being mated. we are not sure what exact species are they but we guessed that it was a h. longimanus. also on a PH forums many other keepers experienced the same thing even on their captive bred scorpions.
Astonishing:)