Split enclosure failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
LOLOL, Somebody jumped into the deep end without their water wings. Comparing a tarantula to a human, good grief. What world do you live in? Give me all the dislikes you want. That post was RIDICULOUS! I won't even sugarcoat it like @Trenor did. JEEZUZ

so you obviously missed the point. it wasn't meant to be able WHAT died but just about the consequences of your actions.

shit, let me edit it and make it a little more understandable for the light hearted then.
That's silly. Instead of getting crazy, lets keep the talk in perspective and realize there are degrees to everything. You can't equate a Ts life to a human one. If so, in most States in America, we would be advocating the death penalty or a term in prison whenever someones T dies based on if the owners intent when it passed. We don't. In fact, we are quicker to forgive some T deaths (even when it was clear that the owner is at fault just as this one was) because we find it easier to empathize with them than other keepers. I've seen two people literary kill their Ts the same way though the same erroneous care. One gets ripped a new one and the other one a pat on the head with a these things happen message.

Yes, I respect all life. If it came down to the life of a child (or any person for that matter) I'd easily choose that over a T. Wouldn't you? We place values on everything and honestly this isn't an equivalent thing.
LOLOL, Somebody jumped into the deep end without their water wings. Comparing a tarantula to a human, good grief. What world do you live in? Give me all the dislikes you want. That post was RIDICULOUS! I won't even sugarcoat it like @Trenor did. JEEZUZ

there, is that a little bit more Tame for you guys? ha.

Casey K

Arachnoknight
I'll vouch for Aaron. Super good guy, made an error, not some end of days holocaust like mistake. I invited him to a less hostile (yes it was hostile in that short window) arena. He has thrived with great advice.
I nicknamed this thread the Jerry Springer thread with a good dose of Oprah. It's pretty much an embarrassment to this board. Sometimes people's emotions get in the way of rational thought. People get pretty bold hiding behind keyboard with their over the top criticism.

Sometimes I wish there wasn't a keyboard in front of me....and distance.....lol....

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Sure the T;s life doesn't seem important, but replace the "don't use a Duel set up" with saying "don't let your dog roam the neighbor hood without a leash" and the dead tarantulas life with it being a dead dog because of your negligence instead, would you being telling people to not call what happened stupid? probably not.
Why compare it to anything? The analogy doesn't advance the conversation. It was used to invoke a emotional response rather then make a case for anything. Why not say what it is and make the case with that? A guy decided to try something different from what was recommended on the site and it went bad. Why is that automatically stupid? Is it because he didn't listen to other more advanced keepers preferences? Or is it because it ended badly? Or is it both?

If it's because he didn't listen to the preferences of more advanced keepers then any of us who has done that is stupid. I've done it quite a bit.
If it's because it ended badly then anyone who has lost a T is stupid. Again, I'm right there in that boat too.
If it's only a combination of both then thus far I'm good cause I've lost very few Ts since I've been in the hobby. Though the T I lose due to that vent was my fault. So I guess I'm in for that too.

To put things into perspective here is a little story. When I had not been here long there was a discussion on communal enclosures. I was told by a long time advanced keeper that there were no such things and I'd likely lose some of the Ts in it. I think one at one point I was told I'd likely end up with one fat T. I did one anyway. Am I stupid? I've since kept two M.balfouri communal setups with great success and I've not lost a T out of them yet. Had I lost a sling or two would that be what makes me stupid? It was that keepers preference not to do a communal and as such to try to adamantly dissuade me from making one either. Like the long thread a week or so ago, people often pass off their preferences as the only way to keep Ts. It's not. All we can do as keepers is take in the information we get and make the best judgment calls we can. Some ideas have a higher risk and should be thought out carefully. Not automatically agreeing doesn't make you stupid.

*Edited Due to People apparently being a little extra sensitive today.
there, is that a little bit more Tame for you guys? ha.
Just because I don't agree with your false equivalency argument, and I pointed out why it was bogus, doesn't make me sensitive nor in need of tame posts. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.