Spirobolida pedelings!

Leeway

Arachnopeon
Its a lot more like the Strigamia ones I looked up on the net. Those shorter ones are here too though. I looked on bugguide.net and it looks like a Strigamia type. I'm gonna have to catch some cause I think it may be different than the ones pictured. There is a few areas I can look for these not far from home.

The roach isn't that one. I'm gonna have to dig for some tomorrow.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Its a lot more like the Strigamia ones I looked up on the net. Those shorter ones are here too though. I looked on bugguide.net and it looks like a Strigamia type. I'm gonna have to catch some cause I think it may be different than the ones pictured. There is a few areas I can look for these not far from home.

The roach isn't that one. I'm gonna have to dig for some tomorrow.
Awesome, good luck with your finds! Strigamia are pretty nice.

Leeway

Arachnopeon
The red centipede looks like it would be more like the strigamia ones. Very long and red. Those short ones are here too though.
A friend says black millipedes came up from the floor and died when they moved in. Any idea what that could be? I'm gonna see about going under the house and looking.

The roach isn't the Pseudomops septentrionalis. I'll dig in the pit tomorrow. Have you seen the large metallic green beetles that fly around? Those have larva in the pit too. They are in mud balls. I'll bring a few containers and see what I find.

I must have been tricked by lag... double posted

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Have you seen the large metallic green beetles that fly around? Those have larva in the pit too. They are in mud balls. I'll bring a few containers and see what I find.
Have you seen the large metallic green beetles that fly around? Those have larva in the pit too. They are in mud balls. I'll bring a few containers and see what I find.
Those green beetles I've been looking for... Cotinis mutabilis. I want to start up a colony. Hmu if you find some.
A friend says black millipedes came up from the floor and died when they moved in. Any idea what that could be?
Black millipedes... well you're going to need a bit more description than that friend. ;)

Seen Solifugids around here? I cousin of mine has, but I have not seen on personally.

Leeway

Arachnopeon
Yes I found at least one of the beetles in a mud ball. I broke it on accident though. Could this be the same as the giant larva I have been finding in there before the make the mud ball? I just gave two of them to tarantulas. Solifugids are in the country here. They go into my friends garage surrounded by grapes every now and then. Same area as the red millipedes. I tried to keep one but it died fast. The roach with the red head I'm thinking I must have been tripping or it was an odd time of stages for Orientals. All I found was a bunch of Orientals and although I've always known the Orientals There was a few that had a pretty bright red head. I could swear what I seen was different. I also found a bunch of the short red centipedes and some real bright orange sow bug killer spiders. If I dig around carefully I can find more of those mud balls with the green beetles in them. Sometime between Wednesday and Monday I'm going to hunt for the long red centipedes and go under my friends house to look for the black millipedes. The Solifugids eat but they die anyways. I wouldn't know how to contain any for you. The mud balls also I don't know how they would do in shipping because they can break pretty easy. If you ever end up in Fresno California you are welcome to dig some up.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Yes I found at least one of the beetles in a mud ball. I broke it on accident though. Could this be the same as the giant larva I have been finding in there before the make the mud ball?
Most likely, yes, the larvae are much bigger than the adults.

Solifugids are in the country here. They go into my friends garage surrounded by grapes every now and then. Same area as the red millipedes. I tried to keep one but it died fast.
Yeah, they don't do too well in captivity.

I also found a bunch of the short red centipedes and some real bright orange sow bug killer spiders.
Short red centipedes should be Lithiobomorphs, and the sow bug killers should be Dysdera crocata. Both of them are around here as well.

If you don't mind, where in Fresno are you looking for these? :)

Leeway

Arachnopeon
The Solifugids are around the grape vineyards east of Fresno. I think they are everywhere though just don't see them too often.

The green beetle larva are in my backyard compost pit about two or three feet down along with the other bugs.

I found what I think is another kind of mini millipede at the base of a dead ash tree and a dead plum tree in my backyard.

I live near Clovis West high school. Woodward park is not much farther and the San Joaquin river runs behind that. It's also a good spot to look for bugs.

The picture is tiny millipedes that I think are adults but don't really know. There is another minipede in the backyard that stays real small and possibly a third.

IMG_0763.JPG

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
The picture is tiny millipedes that I think are adults but don't really know. There is another minipede in the backyard that stays real small and possibly a third.

We have similar millipede species here in Ripon. I think they are just basically called "soil millipedes" but it's a broad term. Probably in Julida.

I live near Clovis West high school. Woodward park is not much farther and the San Joaquin river runs behind that. It's also a good spot to look for bugs.
Thanks!

The green beetle larva are in my backyard compost pit about two or three feet down along with the other bugs.
Nice, I'm gonna try to find some and start a colony. Apparently, they need a substrate of at least 1/3 sand to be able to pupate.

The Solifugids are around the grape vineyards east of Fresno. I think they are everywhere though just don't see them too often.
Cool, Solifugids are awesome.