1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spidersworld

Discussion in 'Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings' started by DylanScully009, Jun 19, 2019.

1. EtienneN

EtienneN Arachnonovelistmusician Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    Tom Moran did a podcast on precisely this. And detailed it would take at least 3 grand USD to get a shipment legally through customs and even then you really need to remember that importers are bringing in hundreds of spiders at a time and 20 percent will be DOA right from the get-go. Are you trying to get a T. seladonia? Because this is not the way to do it.

2. Theneil

Theneil Arachnoprince Active Member

USA
    I don’t believe this is the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. EtienneN

EtienneN Arachnonovelistmusician Arachnosupporter

Yeah it depends on the numbers, if it were 500 spiders, it would probably be closer to 5-10 percent. Kind of like a weird “economy of scale” but backwards.

4. Theneil

Theneil Arachnoprince Active Member

USA
    The importer i go through has extremely low DOA (inthink his last one was 1 sling out of probably 1000+). Granted i wasn’t there to see with my own eyes, but he really had nothing to gain by lying about it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NYAN

NYAN Arachnoprince Active Member

CA
    No? Unless he’s bringing in CITES or something it shouldn’t been so much. All of the imports I’ve been involved in from Europe run about $1000 in fees.

That sounds like an awful exporter if that’s the case. This stuff comes in air cargo usually keep in mind. It’s in transit less time than overnight shipping. A DOA rate that high would be pretty concerning.

In reality it’s pretty low. I’ve lost maybe $100-200 in stuff ever.