Spiderlings hiding in clothing....

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Anyone else notice this? It seems most of the spiderlings I notice around my house seem to prefer hiding out in clothing from drawers, closets etc. Maybe its just me! Not sure if this is specific to a certain "house spider" that is common where I am, or that they generally prefer to hide in textiles? Next thing you know I will be posting about them webbing in my hair!:shifty::eek: hope not

Leila

Arachnobaron
I have not noticed any teensy spiders in my clothing. I haven't noticed any wild spiders in my house whatsoever though. :(

Little Grey Spider

Arachnoknight
Are they all the same size/species? It's possible you had an egg sac laid in a drawer, why not? But if these are random experiences over a large period of time with different size/kinds of spider I think the clothing is just coincidence. I've had spiderlings come from a ceiling fan and behind a curtain, but these were several baby spiders all who looked the same. Egg sac dispersal.

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
I have not noticed any teensy spiders in my clothing. I haven't noticed any wild spiders in my house whatsoever though. :(
I keep wanting to get pics of the ones I find but they scurry away too quickly. Didnt you find one recently at a relatives house? Tell that spider to send his buddies to your place:p:writer:-phoning his friends

Leila

Arachnobaron
I keep wanting to get pics of the ones I find but they scurry away too quickly. Didnt you find one recently at a relatives house? Tell that spider to send his buddies to your place:p:writer:-phoning his friends
:rofl::rofl: Yeah, their house is full of spiders; mine is barren!! Both houses are in the same part of town, were constructed in the same decade, have clean interiors. Yet my house is spider-free, while theirs is a glorious spider haven!! They have spitting spiders, wolf spiders, etc. ::jealous:: (Yeah, I wish Sam would phone his/her 8-legged pals and invite 'em over. :happy:)

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Are they all the same size/species? It's possible you had an egg sac laid in a drawer, why not? But if these are random experiences over a large period of time with different size/kinds of spider I think the clothing is just coincidence. I've had spiderlings come from a ceiling fan and behind a curtain, but these were several baby spiders all who looked the same. Egg sac dispersal.
Im thinking coincidence, but hard to say as they run off so quick. I will try to catch one.

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Maybe preferred article of clothing would help us to ID these:p:D So far they prefer socks and shirts...:rolleyes: