Spiderling Food, Need Help

Israel2004

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have (4) 1/2" L. parahybana slings that if they don't ponce on the small cricket when i first drop it in. I crush it's head and clean out cricket parts the next day.

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
If you're able to get pinheads I highly recommend them for slings. As far as not wanting to have to deal with the hassle of catching them I've found an easy solution...no problems at all. Works very well for me.
Sorry for cutting some of that out, hughjazz. I'm sure you'll forgive me.

I'm going to add to this:
What I do is buy crix, put them in a shoebox enclosure with eco earth, water dishes (which they always bury), egg cartons, and potatoes/apples/nanners/whatever. It only takes them a few days (maybe a week) to get little crix going. I put the shoebox in a bigger shoebox with no substrate and just a small potato slice. The trick is for the level of the substrate to match about the middle of the air holes. The cricket nymphs find their way through the holes and fall into the second enclosure, then when it's time to feed switch the bottom enclosure and pour the little nymphs into a condiment cup to feed, then to the slings' enclosures. I like feeding live food because then I know they're eating. Some of the hungrier species will take four or five. What I really really like is how the cricket nymphs will actually eat anything the tarantula discards :)