Spiderling carrying its water dish around??

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
I have 6 curly hair slings I'm raising and number 005 "plays" with its dish.
My sling dishes are made from thermometer probe covers (snagged from the hospital, cut the tips off and they hold a drop of water for my slings less than 1")
I caught it pushing the bowl around then struggling to wrap the fleshy parts of its fangs around it to carry it and carefully push it where it wanted it. It was cute and I'm not sure if I should remove the tiny dish, as I'm afraid its fangs could snap on it. As cute as it is I'm not sure they even use the tiny dishes. Should I remove them?

Attachments

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I doubt it poses an issue for your sling. A lot of my Ts use their fangs to carry things without actually biting into them. Most notably, my P.cam carries out the large bolus she has left over from her meals that way.

It's neat to see them work.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
My Ts carry dubia roaches with their fangs like kittens. Can you believe this adorable display of affection! It's almost like a mutualistic form of co-habitation! :troll:

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I wonder if those water dishes are a bit small. They need to get their face into the water to drink, and it almost seems like they wouldn’t be able to fit. Do you have enough room for a small bottle cap? That could also solve the carrying issue.

Swoop

Arachnosquire
They'll be fine with a larger dish.

My A. genic slings are 1/2" and last week both of them got mad at their bottle cap dishes. One shoved it around, filled it with substrate and then burrowed underneath. The other threw its little plastic hide into its dish upside down. I wish they would just molt but the tantrums are fun too.