spider name not known

r_cafin

Arachnopeon
i have just recently bought a spider at a local pet store and would like to know what it is but i dont know how to find out. They call it a rose hair but i cant find that name anywhere or a picture to match it..so if anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated as this is a fascinating creature to own...Thanks Ryan

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
congrats on your new T. and welcome to the hobby and board. Rose hairs are common, and make gret starter T's. if you go to search, and type in rose hair tarantula you should find quite an abundance of info. there is also info on this site, under tarantulas, and links. good luck

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Go look for the phrase Grammastola rosea in the picture galleries and in the caresheets of this site. They are very easy to take care of and you should have a great tarantula. My rose hair named Arachne is my favorite of all my tarantulas.

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She looks pretty nice. I miss mine. She's been down in her burrow sitting on her egg sac. I don't get to see her much. Mine also has an attitude problem.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Al Muoio
She looks pretty nice. I miss mine. She's been down in her burrow sitting on her egg sac. I don't get to see her much. Mine also has an attitude problem.
Yeah, I let mine burrow as well. she's got herself a little cave that defies gravity underneath the 8 inchesish of substrate I put down. I see her about once a day though, she does like to come out now and again.

Bill