Spider keeps curling up?

m8chan

Arachnopeon
My jumper keeps tucking its legs in when its what i assume its bedtime (it goes to hide and make a web around 6-8pm) and they didnt so this before. I keep worrying that it may be dying/dead, but it always reacts normally when its touched. Its been doing this a while and it hasnt molted either (i dont disturb it when its like this), so i dont think that that either. I havent fed it in a few days, is that why? Or maybe its the temperature?

Ill provide pictures if needed

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrk Socias

Arachnopeon
My jumper keeps tucking its legs in when its what i assume its bedtime (it goes to hide and make a web around 6-8pm) and they didnt so this before. I keep worrying that it may be dying/dead, but it always reacts normally when its touched. Its been doing this a while and it hasnt molted either (i dont disturb it when its like this), so i dont think that that either. I havent fed it in a few days, is that why? Or maybe its the temperature?

Ill provide pictures if needed
Dude do you always check your Ts? Or always moving its enclosure? Or forcing it to eat? If yes maybe its stress

m8chan

Arachnopeon
I move it often yes, i put the enclosure near the window in the middle of thr day where it could get some sunlight and move it back after a few hours, if thats what you meant by moving. How do I make it less stressed? D: I feel bad now.

Also im not sure if that was a typo or not, but I dont have a T, im talking about a jumping spider.

att327

Arachnopeon
same question, my jumper sometime does it too, and he wraps himself in his web?!

schmiggle

Arachnoking
If you think about the territory of a spider in the wild--even one that wanders, like a jumper--it's pretty small. It's not going to be expecting much change in its environment.

Little Grey Spider

Arachnoknight
Spiders often avoid (especially direct) light, so you may not be doing as much good as you thought with this move.
that's usually true, but after observing countless wild jumpers "sunbathing" and seeing my own captive bred jumpers become more active in sunlight I think this may not be a fact for many jumper species. In fact, on overcast days my jumpers don't come out at all. On sunny days they pop out, eat, move around a lot.