Spider Identification?

JumpingNerscylla

Arachnosquire
First things first: I'm a huge wimp, who HATES wasps. Second: It was fast, and there were/are wasps. Anyways, So, I was outside here in Oklahoma, looking for click beetles. So, I turn over a rock to see a PURE YELLOW spider about 1 inch long/wide with PINK/VIOLET chelicerae. After aboit 30 minutes of dodging those flying demons, and observing 'it', I attempted to get it in a cup. I was successful, except for one thing: It climbed out extremely fast. It's spinnerets look like that of some Ts' where it's rather pointy into a big V shape. It's eyes (from what I saw) were in the arrangement of a wolf spider. I've been googling, and nothing similar. So yeah.. I'll go out again soon with a jar, so I can at least have evidence of this spider. Any potential help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Got some meh pictures of it
Do you have any clearer shots of the eyes?

It looks like a (penultimate?) male sac spider (Clubionidae), ghost spider (Anyphaenidae), or prowling spider (Miturgidae). These three families are related, so they look similar.

These spiders hunt on foot at night. During the day, they hide, so finding it under a rock would make sense.

It's not medically significant, in case that was an unspoken concern.

JumpingNerscylla

Arachnosquire
I'll try to get some better shots on the eyes. But for now, it's eyes remain the same to me. Two large ones with 4 below them. Also, Ghost spiders and Prowling Spiders aren't really in my area as far as I know. Howe

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Also, Ghost spiders and Prowling Spiders aren't really in my area as far as I know.
All three families can been found in your state of Oklahoma.

I'll try to get some better shots on the eyes. But for now, it's eyes remain the same to me. Two large ones with 4 below them.
The images you posted don't look like wolf spiders (Lycosidae) to me. Wolf spider eyes are easy to see even in relatively blurry images like yours. Additionally, the posterior lateral (rearmost) eyes are often visible from above.

The three families I mentioned have eyes that look like this:

Anyphaenidae

Clubionidae

Miturgidae

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@Ungoliant Might be helpful to mention with some species the secondary and/or tertiary eye pairs can be close to microscopic.

JumpingNerscylla

Arachnosquire
Thank you guys! I've FINALLY identified this scary/creepy thing as a Yellow(Long-Legged) Sac Spider. Also, according to multiple different resources (including one 'thread' on this site), that almost no one is inclined to keep these guts, due to their "above average" venom, speed and defensiveness. I hope I can find a female for him, because he's a MM. Assuming I can, I may keep him, however if not by tomorrow, I'll release him.

JumpingNerscylla

Arachnosquire
P.S.

If I manage to get a successful sac, I hope some of the slings/spiderlings have his vivid colors. Oh and, 'Brisingr' (as I named him', crawled on my arm while feeding, it was slightly unnerving.