Spider Guy on Leno (2/5/08)

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Brought on a Mexican Red Knee and a Singapore Blue. Always nice to see some Ts on TV. Jay was busting the guys balls like he does with every animal guy on that show.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I posted it in the wateringhole with complete list of what he brought. :D

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Was his information accurate? Did he give T owners a good characterization?

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's pretty cool.
Is there anywhere I can see a clip?

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Good Job

I think he did a good job of advancing the hobby.

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Pretty cool! He needs to bring something giant, like an A genic!

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Am I the only person that thought his B smithi was looking very dull? Maybe in need of a molt, or it could have been WC at that size.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i like how this guy has no clue what Cyriopagopus venom is capable of.i think if he was ever bit by one he def wouldnt be holding them!

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i would hold off judgement as that guy has alot of knowledge.. that sing blue belonged to chris(krazy8's) and some of the others belonged to SCABIE members....we have to remember that most people dont know the SN of many species, soo being general when talking to a group like he did is kinda expected....anyways it looked pretty kool and thats usally why people bring people like that on a talk show...

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i like how this guy has no clue what Cyriopagopus venom is capable of.i think if he was ever bit by one he def wouldnt be holding them!
and the venom(though significant) isnt as bad you think and yes it will hurt but so will a bite from a brachy..:rolleyes: lol...i hold them and never been bitten especially chris's...but i get your concern...

wayne

Last edited:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
and the venom(though significant) isnt as bad you think and yes it will hurt but so will a bite from a brachy..:rolleyes: lol...i hold them and never been bitten especially chris's...but i get your concern...

wayne
while not life threatening your gonna be in bad shape for a lil while if tagged by one of those.nothing like a bite from a Brachypelma.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
while not life threatening your gonna be in bad shape for a lil while if tagged by one of those.nothing like a bite from a Brachypelma.
are speaking from experience??? i have heard pokie bites are worst especially subfusca but again i haven't been bitten. and from the one guy i know of that got bite by a WC smithi, would disagree with you...but it doesn't stop me from holding them either and shouldn't stop others as well. if you know what your doing and what to look for, chances are slim you are going to get bit but again it dosent mean it will never happen just lowers your chances....no worries:}

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello All,
Brent, knows what kind of temperament the Sing blues have.
He was just playing around with Jay.

I hope you guys enjoyed the show.

If you guys can please visit the museum as they have really nice Insect Zoo and seasonal displays like the Butterfly pavillion and the Spider pavillion.

regards

francisco
ftorres

senor ocho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I provided Brent Karner with the B. smithi (CB) and the Cyriopagopus species Singapore Blue (My "pet" WC female). It was my idea to use the Cyriopagopus when Brent mentioned he wanted to use someting else other than a Brachy, Grammostola, or one of the other usual suspects for handling.
I have been bitten by the Cyriopagopus Singapore Blue, therefore I was comfortable providing the tarantula in question. My bite report is posted.
Brent also knows exactly what the hell he is doing. Ask him about his experience with Phoneutria some time.
He possesses a wealth of knowledge about invertebrates and I've known him for 6 years.
He's a great friend and an awesome hunting buddy. And throw a Carlito's Way in his direction, and you have a drinking buddy.
-chris
www.krazy8sinvertebrates.com

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just got done watching the clip. I think Brent did an excellent job, and loved the way he bantered back and forth with Jay.