Sperm webbing

chaoshybrid6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How long after a males mature molt should they start laying sperm webs? I ask this because my G rosea molted last in July and with that molt he got his hooks, but I still have yet to see any sign of sperm webs. I'm kind of anxious to try and mate him but I do not want to act to quickly. Is it alright to attempt to mate him even though he has not made any webs?

The temps in his room get to about 60 at night and 70 during the day, should I add a small amount of heat to kick start him? Also he has not taken any food for about 2 or 3 weeks now, his abdomen is fine though. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Profkrakatoa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How long after a males mature molt should they start laying sperm webs? I ask this because my G rosea molted last in July and with that molt he got his hooks, but I still have yet to see any sign of sperm webs. I'm kind of anxious to try and mate him but I do not want to act to quickly. Is it alright to attempt to mate him even though he has not made any webs?

The temps in his room get to about 60 at night and 70 during the day, should I add a small amount of heat to kick start him? Also he has not taken any food for about 2 or 3 weeks now, his abdomen is fine though. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
Don't be surprised if you don't see them. My male has his up and down in a matter of hours. He webs across the front of his log hide then before you can blink it's gone. I don't know how long he's been mature since I got him in November and he'd already hooked out.

chaoshybrid6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmm maybe ill set a camera up in front of his tank and watch him for 24 hours lol

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hmm maybe ill set a camera up in front of his tank and watch him for 24 hours lol
Don't be shocked if you don't even see it on video in 24 hours. If he matured in July, at this point he will be making sperm webs once every few weeks if that.

chaoshybrid6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So its safe to say I can mate him even if I don't see evident signs of webbing?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So its safe to say I can mate him even if I don't see evident signs of webbing?
Yes I would say so. By now he had to have made one already. Actually he has made 10 or more by now I bet. If anything him getting to be around a female will cause him to make another. Sometimes when I get mature males I bought from someone I will pair him with the female but not let him make inserts. I take him out, and it almost never fails, so long as he is not 100 years old he ends up making a fresh sperm web. Then I pair them again knowing he is freshly loaded and ready to rock and roll.