sperm web

Beatlesdork

Arachnopeon
My MM G. rosea had his ultimate molt about a month ago and just made his first sperm web yesterday…. Upon finishing the process, he didn't destroy the web? Are sperm webs supposed to have an odor? Because it's been smelling up my room awfully lol should I get rid of the sperm web myself? (I have no plans to mate this G. rosea.. he's strictly a pet)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Just seen my MM Hysterocrates gigas out of his burrow making a sperm web the other day. No smell at all. Btw why get rid of his sperm web? And why you don't give your T to someone for a breeding project?

cold blood

Staff member
Just seen my MM Hysterocrates gigas out of his burrow making a sperm web the other day. No smell at all. Btw why get rid of his sperm web? And why you don't give your T to someone for a breeding project?
Now that imports have been banned, for the first time ever its finally become at least a semi-important t to start breeding.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Now that imports have been banned, for the first time ever its finally become at least a semi-important t to start breeding.
Just checked some price here in Europe, rose hairs lately are more expensive than some OW, now, due to ban speculations.

Beatlesdork

Arachnopeon
Yeah I know about the Chile situation but I don't know anyone local who's into T's and I'm too inexperienced to ship a 4-5in G. rosea safely. too much risk also he was my first T so I'm not exactly trigger happy to give him away to some random person lol if I had space and knew what to do with a billion spiderlings, I'd consider letting him mate on my own

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yeah I know about the Chile situation but I don't know anyone local who's into T's and I'm too inexperienced to ship a 4-5in G. rosea safely. too much risk also he was my first T so I'm not exactly trigger happy to give him away to some random person lol if I had space and knew what to do with a billion spiderlings, I'd consider letting him mate on my own
I understand, then, your views. Fair enough. I said that because, since MM destiny is to die at the end, you, even if not interested in breeding, could at least have an exchange.. your MM for, who knows, a sling of another sp.

cold blood

Staff member
Dude, you're in NY, there's probably 500 females within an hour drive. You could just put up an ad for local pickup only. There seems to be an abundance of t keepers in NY.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Dude, you're in NY, there's probably 500 females within an hour drive. You could just put up an ad for local pickup only. There seems to be an abundance of t keepers in NY.
Some people are lucky. There aren't probably 500 T's in my entire nation.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
My MM G. rosea had his ultimate molt about a month ago and just made his first sperm web yesterday…. Upon finishing the process, he didn't destroy the web? Are sperm webs supposed to have an odor? Because it's been smelling up my room awfully lol should I get rid of the sperm web myself? (I have no plans to mate this G. rosea.. he's strictly a pet)
Some of my mm rose get a vinager smell to them , it's not just the sperm web it's him and the whole enclosure . I usually just clean out the enclosure and start fresh if it doesn't go away on its own which sometimes it does .

---------- Post added 07-24-2015 at 09:19 PM ----------

I've noticed that too , theire does seem to be an abundance of T keepers in NY . I wish there were more in my area .

Beatlesdork

Arachnopeon
1. I'm under 21 & I don't drive so I don't have money or means to do that
2. I clearly don't want to get rid of him as I stated!!!
3. There are also probably 500 other "males" out there so I think it's ok

cold blood

Staff member
1. I'm under 21 & I don't drive so I don't have money or means to do that
2. I clearly don't want to get rid of him as I stated!!!
3. There are also probably 500 other "males" out there so I think it's ok
In the past I had thought we had always had friendly conversations, which was why I "personalized" my response with "dude"....I stand corrected.