Species you once dislike, but now you want?

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Even the computer spiders are enticing me to take the bite. I typed letter "g" on google and the top 10 autocomplete recomendations involved the word "geniculata" LOL

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I hate iPhone because everyone has one. :) But that's the thing, no one would own an iPhone if they're actually terrible. I myself admit iPhone is good. I

Nonconformist. I myself hate iPhone, because everyone has one.
I wouldn't be so sure..

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Geniculata is probably the best T species out there, all things considered.

But as far as the original question goes, way back in the day I couldn't understand why anyone would pay money for a Phormictopus cancerides. But actually they (and other Phormictopus) are super awesome.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Buying a crap phone cuz their friend got one too. People are idiots.
Who's the bigger idiot? The person who bought because his friend got one or the friend who bought even though it's crappy?

Last edited:

Haemus

Arachnosquire
When I first got into Ts I wasn't really fond of webbers...now I have a GBB lol

Oh and I love piling onto the picture mounds :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Who's the bigger idiot? The person who bought because his friend got one or the friend who bought even though it's crappy?
Both :)

Zero personality, definitely. Fashion/Brands addicteds, slaves of this modern world insanity where everyone "needs" to do everything in one hour, always connected but feelings are often wasted, when not straight in the toilet.

I have three of those, iPhone or how they are called, btw. But only because my neighbour wanted to buy one first u_u

:troll:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I currently hate geniculata and pulchra because of all the hype around them.
I've always been unswayed by hype. I actually LOVE hype for things that I love. When the Force Awakens was about to come out, I was PUMPED. I LOVED the hype around it and I took part in it willingly. Same for Pokemon Go.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Ah, but in the case of the genic, the hype is deserved! :D

Probably the pulchra deserves it too, but I don't have one so screw 'em. ;)
Well a thing will not be hyped really if there's nothing to hype about lol. There's only those who go with the flow, and those who refuse to go with the flow.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Ah, but in the case of the genic, the hype is deserved! :D

Probably the pulchra deserves it too, but I don't have one so screw 'em. ;)
Pulchra is love. My Juve just ate a dubia as big as her lol. It amazes me how many large dubias she can shove down her guts. Although Im also getting annoyed. She follows the water dish wherever I move it and proceeds to dump her trash there. Everyday is a war ;)

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Wow. I see a huuuuge tarantula listing on CL right now. Lol. They even have an M. balfouri, which I will not get.
Why not M. balfouri? They are blue and lovely and one of the few OW T's now on my wish-to-acquire list. A year ago I thought I would never get an OW T but I got my first, an Idiothele mira sling, several months ago. I always read about how OW T's are more defensive, likely to bite and venomous, but I figured this species would be far more likely to hide in its unique trapdoor burrow rather than assassinate its caretaker! :anxious::embarrassed:;)

Thats another problem, I dont have the patience for slings LOL!!!
Never get an Aphonopelma sling then! :p I love them, but the reputation for slow growth is well-earned! Some people say that Brachypelma are slow-growers but to me they are fast by comparison! My understanding is that A. geniculata is one of the faster growing T's so it's something to consider if you do decide to acquire one and I enjoy watching a T grow from tiny sling to a beautiful adult under my care. :happy:

Good to know. Thanks for the input. What about the hair? Im morbidly afraid of Ts that fling hairs. I have a chronic sinus issue and a single grit of dust causes severe nasal irritation for a week. Lol.
I have no personal experience with the species but have read that their hair is one of the more irritating, which is the primary reason this is a species that I was formerly interested in but now think I will not acquire.