Species you once dislike, but now you want?

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Geniculata attraction building slowly over time. :arghh::arghh:

How do I suppress it? I only want blue things :cold::cold: and around 3 dozen female pulchras :angelic::angelic:. But the more I stare at geniculatas the more profuse my drool becomes. Is there a way a block geniculata-related images from showing up on my computer? How do I prevent myself from going over the head crazy over these unique-looking, somewhat popular, bold, display-worthy and richly-colored T's with a hoggish :cat::cat: feeding attitude to cherry top their overall gloriousness?

Edit: The genic-praises were expressed unconsciously.

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
As for a species I didn't like and want now. Probably an OBT. I don't see anything special about them. If I get one free, great! If not, I doubt I'll ever buy one.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
You can also get a sling for 12 bucks (not including shipping), wait a few months, and have a 2 inch spider with most of the adult coloration.
Thats another problem, I dont have the patience for slings LOL!!!

Leila

Arachnobaron
The only species i dislike is anything that can be called a "rose hair". And nothing has changed my mind, yet. So... I'm just playing for Team Peer Pressure!
Aw, man- one of my favorite tarantulas I own is Gatsby, my G. porteri. He is always out; and he is both a sass-machine and a sweetheart.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Almost all genics I see are proudly out in the open. The allure of the non-hiding T. Mmmmm. Yummy.
Well people usually get the best pictures of their hiding tarantulas when they're not in their hides, thus all the out-of-the-hide pics. ;) But yes this species is usually out. It hides once in a while but the bigger it gets the bolder it becomes. My two 3" females stick to their hides, but they're still new. New home, new enclosure, it can be stressful.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Almost all genics I see are proudly out in the open. The allure of the non-hiding T. Mmmmm. Yummy.
Patience? With these guys? None needed.
this picture was taken four months ago of the same spider. And she was taking down live(ish) prey, THEN.

Aw, man- one of my favorite tarantulas I own is Gatsby, my G. porteri. He is always out; and he is both a sass-machine and a sweetheart.
Hey, more for you! I just cant do it. Odds of fluff-rock mode are too high for me.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Well people usually get the best pictures of their hiding tarantulas when they're not in their hides, thus all the out-of-the-hide pics. ;) But yes this species is usually out. It hides once in a while but the bigger it gets the bolder it becomes. My two 3" females stick to their hides, but they're still new. New home, new enclosure, it can be stressful.
Good to know. Thanks for the input. What about the hair? Im morbidly afraid of Ts that fling hairs. I have a chronic sinus issue and a single grit of dust causes severe nasal irritation for a week. Lol.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Patience? With these guys? None needed.
this picture was taken four months ago of the same spider. And she was taking down live(ish) prey, THEN.

Hey, more for you! I just cant do it. Odds of fluff-rock mode are too high for me.
Everyday I look at my freebie versi and scream at it to grow up. Its been 4 weeks since I got it, ate thrice, havent molted, still 1/2 inches LOOOOL.