speaking of....e weijenberghi

Jono_mad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Eupalaestrus weijenberghi, Whitecollared. Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina. The carapace and first three pair of legs are brown with the abdomen and last pair of legs darker brown. Red hairs occur on the legs and abdomen. The legs are banded at the ends of each segment and a cream-colored band is at the base of the chelicerae, hence the common name. This has been a popular spider in Europe but has just recently appeared in the US This is a burrowing species from the grasslands but will adapt to a tank with shallow substrate and a retreat. Life span is probably 20 years or more.

This is all from e-spiderworld.com

scarkro

Arachnopeon
i found that i was wondering if any body had personal info on them
thanxs though

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by scarkro
i found that i was wondering if any body had personal info on them
thanxs though
Scarko,
If memory serves me correctly, Joy has one.

Peace,
Gillian

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
i agree!

joy does have one, she should probaly give you some tips, e-mail her!

James

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOVE THOSE WEIJENS!!!

LOVE THOSE WEIJENS but...

they are sloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww growers.

I consider them to be the "dog tamest" tarantula of them all. Period. Here's my pic taken (one hand with weijen, other holding the camera) they aren't skiddish runners, flickers, etc. They just sit there. I'd never sell my gal.

They are from Argentina and Uruguay. Females live about 10-15 years, they are burrowers that are kept on the drier side with a water dish always available. They are prone to fasting but do well as long as they keep their body weight and have water available.

More greyish than brown, with cream colored leg banding.

N-Joy
Art

Last edited:

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
how cute!!

Just when I thought my tarantula acquisitions were over and done with... (I'm sticking to placid, calm terrestrials). However, being that I'm leery of slings, I better start saving my money..

Peace,
Gillian

scarkro

Arachnopeon
hey gillian not expensive at all i picked one of these adults up for 25 dolla

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by scarkro
hey gillian not expensive at all i picked one of these adults up for 25 dolla
WOW!
Where?

Peace,
Gillian

scarkro

Arachnopeon
tommy spiders
out here in NJ
phone # 732 742 5055
he had slings with him today at a show mine is about 2 inches leg span now call him

scarkro

Arachnopeon
man that almost sucked my white collar wass just upside down she couldn't get up she only fell like an inch and was just ying there on her back i put my finger in front of her front legs and she pulled her self up and seemed ok oooohhhhh i hope she is i'd hate to lose her i haven't even had her a month yet
sad ok bye now

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Scarko,
I hope your baby is ok.....

Peace,
Gillian

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Yes, I've got one! I raised it from a speck. At least, I THINK I've raised it, as it is still relatively small (see photo). This dimunitive species is very slow growing, as others have said, very docile, and very easy to keep. You do need a fair amount of patience, however ;)

Joy

Last edited:

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by Joy
Yes, I've got one! I raised it from a speck. At least, I THINK I've raised it, as it is still relatively small (see photo). This dimunitive species is very slow growing, as others have said, very docile, and very easy to keep. You do need a fair amount of patience, however ;)

Joy

Joy,
What a healthy beauty! Look at the abdomen!

Peace,
Gillian

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Heh - all Joy's spiders look like they're about ready to pop. You should see some of her more 'robust' specimen -- they're as broad as they are long! ;)

b

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by invertepet
Heh - all Joy's spiders look like they're about ready to pop. You should see some of her more 'robust' specimen -- they're as broad as they are long! ;)

b
Nonsense! They're just big-boned ;)

Joy